Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
We wild camp rather than use EHU's.

As well as our solar panels, I've just bought a Honda EX7 genny, to top up leisure batteries when required.

Superb piece of kit, only 10.5 kgs, and very quiet too...especially as I've built a sound insulating box to go on top of it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Try a google search for hydromax fuel cell its made by Dynad in Holland and looks quite good to me. Yet to see it in the flesh and no UK agents. More power and less money than EFOY.

Martin

·
Premium Member
5,264 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
Ditto 8O

Anyone know the costs of machine and fluid :?:

tony

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
Found a price

Prisen i Nederland skal være 3.376 EUR, dvs. ca. 27.000 kroner 8O

I don't think I'll bother

tony :wink:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I e-mailed road-pro a couple of months ago and they were not stockists, the guy at Dynad could not understand as he thought they were going to, but they do stock EFOY which are more expensive and less output.

Martin

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
This months MMM(April 2014) page 228

There is a small article on Hydromax fuel cells.

The good news is they are much less expensive to buy than the Efoy(£3200 opposed to £4949 of largest Efoy) and output is 15A, which is nearly double that of the largest Efoy available(8.8A) you think great news, until you read further down and look at the fuel prices.

One 5 litre can costs £68.00 and to go with this you will use half of a £18 supply of apple juice, so £9.00. Therefore each kilowatt hour will cost £19.25(compared to Efoy cost of £5.31). However prices are expected to fall once the unit becomes established here.

I have just quoted from the article.

So don't buy yet

:wink:

Paul.

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
No chance of me rushing in :wink:

tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.