Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to think I may be jinxed but following on from battery problems I now appear to have a leak somewhere in the waste water system. When water is run down sinks in both kitchen and bathroom and probably shower drain also it is now pouring out under the vehicle and some is also escaping onto the vinyl floor inside. Have checked as much as I can see but the source of the problem appears to be totally unacccessible without removing most of the bathroom. Is there an access hatch that I have overlooked maybe under the vehicle, anybody had any similar problems?
Do not like the look of this one so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi Sdsplus

My van is the longer version of yours, and the pipework to the waste tank is separate for the kitchen and bathroom. It all looks pretty bullet proof in mine, and the pipes seem to be glued to the elbows.

There is a reasonable view of things under the sink, and in the bottom of the wardrobe in mine, which has a cover than can be lifted to inspect things. There is also a little wooden rectangle at the bottom of the outer bathroom wall that can be removed to access the bathroom pipework.

Good Luck

Dave

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi we are also new to this game, our first trip out last weekend, I noticed that when I came to empty the waste tank when I turned on the valve waste water dripped from about six places from what appeared to be a box somewhere towards the middle of the van, turn the valve off and the dripping stopped, wondering if there is a gaket that needs replacing ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just another thought on this one.
What would be the most likely outcome if the waste tank was overfilled? Is there an overflow in the system and might this be a cause of the apparent leak? I have now completely emptied it but not had chance to see if this has made a difference. hmmm

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi takeaflight Had the same problem on my 644 maybe yours is similar. If you take the end cover off the valve box you may find the drain pipe has come loose ,mine was a compression fittng easily tightened - if you dont mind laying under the van! rgds deegod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.