Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Internet Explorer 8 was in Beta form awhile ago but the IE 8 page keeps coming up asking me to download.

Just wondered if it was ok to use now and gremlins now ironed out?

I see there is an improved security so anytone out there using IE8 and is it worth my changing from IE 7?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
328 Posts
zulurita said:
I know Internet Explorer 8 was in Beta form awhile ago but the IE 8 page keeps coming up asking me to download.

Just wondered if it was ok to use now and gremlins now ironed out?

I see there is an improved security so anytone out there using IE8 and is it worth my changing from IE 7?

Thanks in advance.
I have it on test at work. It seems to behaving itself.

Keith

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've been a regular user of Firefox but just recently it's been giving me problems working with Vista (XP seems ok still) so I've gone back to IE8. It seems to be ok but I would still prefer Firefox.

There's a Vista SP2 download available now. Maybe this will let me go back to Firefox.

Colin

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
I run IE8 on Vista and XP.....no problems!
Generally very few have experienced any problems. If there are glitches it seems to be caused by other factors and not IE8 directly.

HTH.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

Sorry for delay in replying but Landline developed a fault today. seems to ave been sorted now. I hope as this is 2nd attempt at replying.

I have windows XP but think I will wait until after my trip to France before trying to download IE 8 on one of my laptops and certainly not on notebook in case I have trouble using it in France.

I should really use firefox more guess i am conditioned :wink:

I did think the security feature on IE 8 might be good, but what do I know, zilch really.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pixelpusher said:
FWIW......

I think I may resolved my problems with Vista and Firefox/IE8 hanging. It looks like the culprit is the AVG8.5 Linkscanner. Disable this and Firefox/IE8 come back to life.

Colin
How do you disable the linkscanner? for AVg 8.5

ps: cancel that, I have just seen where you do that.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Rita....

Ok you found the disable control but you can also choose to not install the Linkscanner in the first place. I chose to uninstall AVG and then re-install without it, just in case something got left behind.

It had dubious value to me anyway.

So far so good. :)

Colin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.