Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been researching the possibility of Re-registering our MH in Poland.

I anticipated being required to prove that VAT had been paid in UK on initial sale, but to my surprise I found that re-registering would incur an 'Excise tax' of 18.6% of the value.

What happened to 'Free movement of Goods'?

This has nothing to do with Brexit, as when we checked on our car purchase of a secondhand car from Germany 2-3 years ago we found the importing dealer provided proof of the tax having been paid, albeit at a much lower rate than 18.6%, which is charged on vehicles with engines over 2lt.

I welcome others' experience of re-registering an EU VAT-paid car in another EU country and any tax requirement.

Geoff

·
Premium Member
16,384 Posts
Has it something to do with Poland not being a full member Geoff.?

Can´t really help, we paid the Vat on the Navajo here (bit cheaper) no tax was paid in the UK.

·
Premium Member
11,262 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,822 Posts
All three cars and one camper we imported into France from UK were judged not sufficiently high value as to incur any tax. Camper was £21k.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Geoff for my Department in France (53 Mayenne) your van would incur a charge of €482 for registration, no other charges would apply other than for number plates.

France does allow Departments to set their own charges so another area may be more or less, but I think that is a reasonably standard figure.

There are no recurring costs to vehicle ownership here, other than insurance and the Controle Technique (MOT every 2 years) and of course maintenance.

If the vehicle is new then charges do apply, they are based on value, emissions and engine power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.