Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy the above awning, along with the inner sleeping tent.
My camper is a LHD so the habitation door is on the right hand side of the awning. The diagrams all show the inner tent on that side which of course would not be practical for me.
Is the inner tent moveable, ie could I put it up on the left hand side?
Hope that makes sense to somebody, thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi I had a motordome but not anymore so I cannot check but I think that you may find that if the inner tent is hung on the other side you will have restricted access to opening sides.

No doubt someone will come along shortly who has a Motordome at present and can check for you.

Chris

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
As far as I remember its only that side you can put it on as the window/door on the other side would get covered up - and the bit at the top the loop thing would mean its too stretched - the inner tent does take up a large area of the dome which quite surprised us.

But you can move the inner tent right up to the front of the dome so you would be able to get out of the door anyway and its got the attachment to the van bit which would mean you can get out of the door and do a swift left turn. Don't think you would have any problems.

HTH

Greenie

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Mmm not too sure, we 'inherited' an inner tent with our Excelsior via eBay but we've not fitted the inner yet and it's too windy to try it on the drive right now :D

From what I recall of our Classic that we had before, but without Inner, it probably only fits on the RH side as you exit your van, thereby keeping a clear path to the side door.

We've had to live with the fact that our hab. door won't clip back under the Excelsior as the door is too far forward on the van. However as it's sheltered from the wind in the tent it didn't swing about, just stayed open nicely.

SDA

·
Registered
520 Posts
hi we have a kyham moterdome excelsior which we have used with 3 different motorhomes, with different lay outs eg doors at front middle and rear , it does not matter where the door is ,as the tunnel bit that fit to the van is quite large so you can walk through it , to the opening of the tent. as the previous letter says , tomnjune

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.