Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We are just about to start a 10 week trip and I thought i would start a blog. There is a button to insert a picture but it asks for a URL. Is there a simple way to insert a picture into the blog page?

Cheers

·
Registered
215 Posts
There are 2 ways to do it.

If you use the add image link then you need to copy the picture to a shared website somewhere and then insert the link to this picture. The results look good as they embed the picture in the text like this:

However its simpler to attach the file to your message using the Add Attachment button at the bottom in which case it looks like below:

Peter

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I cant see an Add Attachment option. IF I edit my blog all I get is the text, some formatting options and at the bottom a load of smiley faces to insert and then a button saying modify entry.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Then I'm afraid you have to do it the hard way.

BTW the stuff in peej's reply is BBcode which is what you use in the forum. Html is used in blogs its very similar and apart from the fact that html uses "< " and ">" to start and finish code elements (tags) and BBcode uses "[ " and " ]" much of the simple formatting is the same. Attachments are also not used in Blogs I guess he misunderstood your query.

There is a thread 'writing a blog' : click here : which covers it but its all fits and starts with lots of other stuff apart from photos.

The bad news is basically you have to use html even just to start and end a paragraph let alone insert a photo, the good news is once you've done it once you can do it again. I never remember it I just cut and paste what works.

I'll stop there except to ask where are the photos that you want to display? On your PC, in an MHF album, somewhere else on the web?

·
Premium Member
31,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sallytrafic said:
Then I'm afraid you have to do it the hard way.

BTW the stuff in peej's reply is BBcode which is what you use in the forum. Html is used in blogs its very similar and apart from the fact that html uses "< " and ">" to start and finish code elements (tags) and BBcode uses "[ " and " ]" much of the simple formatting is the same. Attachments are also not used in Blogs I guess he misunderstood your query.

There is a thread 'writing a blog' : click here : which covers it but its all fits and starts with lots of other stuff apart from photos.

The bad news is basically you have to use html even just to start and end a paragraph let alone insert a photo, the good news is once you've done it once you can do it again. I never remember it I just cut and paste what works.

I'll stop there except to ask where are the photos that you want to display? On your PC, in an MHF album, somewhere else on the web?
Thanks for the reply. The photos will be on my laptop as we travel. I just tried to copy and paste an HTML file into the blog and got this message which was a bit worrying!

You have been blocked from entering this site.
You have attempted an unknown attack on this site.
All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement​

How rude!

In another life many years ago I did get involved with HTML (I do work in IT). I just assumed that a site of this calibre would have moved on and simplified things by now. Its very archaic. Will give it another go in the morning when I am less brain dead! To be honest I might just do it in Word it would be much easier!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.