Motorhome Facts Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I insured with AIB and it was a right PITA I can tell you. Despite my asking and being told I would have my docs posted to me, I had to chase 3 times to eventually get them. I was firstly told they had been sent and then another set was sent (the PO was blamed due to Covid!!...somehow!). Then I was told that they didn't send out documents as they were 'Green' (trying to save money I'd say). Then, when I got hold of the person who runs them and played merry hell, I eventually got them!

I was dreading the renewal process this year tbh.

I rang them and despite my doing less than 2k miles and despite insurance premiums being widely reported as dropping for vehicles, they decided that their best price was some £103 more than last year!

Comfort were even more expensive which was a shame as I have always found them to be very efficient (despite being part of the same company as AIB).

I rang Safeguard who were very efficient and they came in at £121 cheaper than AIB which was a price £18 cheaper than last year's insurance!!

I was over the moon. The documents also duly arrived in the post. Very happy with the price and the service thus far. The insurance also includes recovery, rescue etc both at home and abroad.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Just to add to the general confusion.............or rather to say with insurance quotes always expect the unexpected.

We have been with Comfort for 6 years with only slight increases but because they stopped offering a Green Card for Morocco we decided to change.In the end their price had gone up by over £100 anyway.

Too expensive with Saga despite their promise of a free Green Card.Eventually went with LV.................it was over £100 cheaper than Comfort had ever been and they would offer the Morocco green card..........at a price we'll find out later........but it was £250 with Comfort.

LV keep referring to only a car policy but I have checked in detail that it covers a motorhome.

So all this goes to prove that.............................err ??????????????

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
27,446 Posts
Reading experiences like the above always makes me feel happy about our very small annual increases of €4 or €6 to insurance renewals here in France.
And again due to covid our mileage (kms) has been much less than usual and both cars qualified for refunds of €60 and €120.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.