Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few years we have been insured with Safeguard on their m-home policy and havnt had any problems with them,, but just recently I heard the AA continental cover which is part of the policy is not what it might be. Any body any experience of this and if they changed from Safeguard who did they go to

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
dodger148 said:
For the last few years we have been insured with Safeguard on their m-home policy and havnt had any problems with them,, but just recently I heard the AA continental cover which is part of the policy is not what it might be. Any body any experience of this and if they changed from Safeguard who did they go to
Hi Dodger

Can't answer your question as such, as I am insured with Comfort. They offer a full cover policy for Europe all year, get a quote from them, I have just renewed mine with them, and so far, although had an accident in Ireland whilst on holiday, we completed all forms etc., but the other guy has not made a claim (he was going too fast and couldn't stop) we had no damage and therefore there was not a claim at the end of it.

Worth getting a quote and seeing if you can see if there are any differences between the policies.

Carol

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are not easy to get insurance for,,
not claims or anything - health Safeguard havnt been a problem upto now I just hear things about the recovery.

Irelands toll has been heavy then, it cost me a new front suspension leg when we got home due to the good roads (or off roads)The trip was free though from vouchers out of the Daily Mail and we used up some of last years Camping Cheques

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Comfort insurance have just given me approval for 12 articles based around all aspects of motorhome insurance, we will also have a link through scheme from this site over next few months with maybe even a possibility of a very small discount for our members (If enough people need insurance to warrant it)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Recovery of our vehicles is always a big issue as they're so big. The RAC did a scheme via insurance companies/brokers to cover long vehicles. However I found when trying to get conformation from the RAC that even they didn't know what was what. But it was eventually confirmed my vehicle was covered but getting written conformation from higher up the ladder. It would appear its best to get your recovery cover via one of the big camping clubs. However I bought mine via my broker off someone other than the RAC/AA (can’t remember who they are). When trying to sign up for a second year, they seem to double/triple their prices, hence my research.

Perhaps when my vehicle becomes ten years old (if I still have the current one then) will bring in a whole new set of problems, especially as I want/need continental cover.

With regards to the actual vehicle insurance cover, I’m faced with two problems. The first being heart surgery a couple of years ago, and the vehicle I drive being considered as modified. Most people including myself have found Adrian Flux insurance are pretty good at sourcing suitable polices at sensible prices to cover modification, health and recovery. Its always best to shop around as your personal circumstances will always be different to everyone else’s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.