Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Not long purchased our new-to-us 2003 Le Voyageur LVX755 Dressing. Getting to know the van and finding that none of the interior lights work. Control panel looks fine and is showing auxiliary battery charge is fine. Would it be a fuse issue? If so, can anyone suggest where I should start looking for fuses in this van? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Rob

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,965 Posts
Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.

Do the other 12v items work - water pump (taps), heating fans?

There's probably a fuse for those things in the EBL which might be under one of the front seats.

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jean

Water tank is currently empty so can’t test taps yet. I’ll try the heating fans and look to see what’s under the front seats! Thanks for your suggestions - will let you know what I find!

Rob

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jean

Water tank is currently empty so can’t test taps yet. I’ll try the heating fans and look to see what’s under the front seats! Thanks for your suggestions - will let you know what I find!

Rob
Well. Here is the verdict. Nothing electrical internal works. Heating switch is above habitation door but has no effect. Fridge makes no sound when switched on to 12V. Have had a look for fuses but drawn a blank. Under the passenger seat I have found the yellow things in the attached picture - but have no idea what they are. There is lots of cabling under glove box with a unit labelled Bosch - see other two images. I’ve also looked under driver’s seat and under panel to right of steering column, plus in various cupboards in the kitchen area. Nothing looks promising. Any suggestions for the next step?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
This van is Mercedes based, nothing other than Mercedes fuses and relays for the base vehicle under the left hand seat.
It will most likely have a Schaudt Elektrobloc to control habitation electrics, possibly find it via one of the external lockers or under one of interior seat bases.
For the OP's info, the fridge will not work on 12 volt unless the engine is running and will not make a noise if on 12 volt, Does the water pump work?
You say panel shows battery to be OK have you physically checked the battery?

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This van is Mercedes based, nothing other than Mercedes fuses and relays for the base vehicle under the left hand seat.
It will most likely have a Schaudt Elektrobloc to control habitation electrics, possibly find it via one of the external lockers or under one of interior seat bases.
For the OP's info, the fridge will not work on 12 volt unless the engine is running and will not make a noise if on 12 volt, Does the water pump work?
You say panel shows battery to be OK have you physically checked the battery?
Hi John. Thanks for your input. Yes, indeed, it is a Mercedes. I will do as you suggest and look in the external lockers and under the seats. Thanks for the info about the fridge. I don’t know about the water pump yet - haven’t put any water in the tanks so far. Two new 110Ah leisure batteries installed the week before last, so we should have lots of charge.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,965 Posts
I don’t know about the water pump yet - haven’t put any water in the tanks so far.
You'll not need water in the tank to test if the pump is running - just don't leave the taps on for more than a second or two! If the electrics are getting to the pump, you'll hear it.

Hope you've found the EBL.

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll not need water in the tank to test if the pump is running - just don't leave the taps on for more than a second or two! If the electrics are getting to the pump, you'll hear it.

Hope you've found the EBL.
Here’s what I‘ve found under one of the seats on the nearside of the van - between the fuel tank and the truma heater stuff. See pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was on the side of the cupboard. At the back, there is this, which I would say definitely looks like a fuse diagram so presume we are looking at a front cover to a box which must come off somehow to reveal the fuses inside?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,959 Posts
Hi OP

Did you buy the MH privately or from a dealer? If it's the latter, then get them to sort it for you.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
The LR 1218 is a solar panel controller, nothing to do with the power distribution, just controlling the charge input to the battery bank.
I'm not familiar with the rest of the parts you show but for sure it looks as though within the box you will find connections and fuses.
The "plug in systems" unit controls the 230 volt input when plug in to external power, normally that will be associated with a combined charger for the batteries.
Get the cover off of the box and seek further.
The picture on post #11, I suggest shows the network of your 12 volt system

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi OP

Did you buy the MH privately or from a dealer? If it's the latter, then get them to sort it for you.
Bought it privately. I have the sellers number, and the number of the caravan engineer who gave it the once over before I bought it - just haven’t had a reply from them yet - will try them again tomorrow. Pretty sure everything worked. I wonder if swapping the leisure batteries has caused a power surge?

·
Registered
Mercedes Sprinter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get the cover off of the box and seek further.
Not quite sure how to do this. Certainly not standard screws. They almost look like pop rivets? Think I need a caravan engineer for this one. I’m no techie. I have some numbers to phone tomorrow.
Thanks for everyone’s help. I’ll keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts