Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Internet Access in South Molton, Devon

Hi

Just thought I might drop you a line and let you know there is FREE internet access available in the South Molton Library (not sure of it's opening hours) but the other good thing is that with a motorhome, parking is FREE (except Thursday - Market Day) in the main Car Park, just follow the signs, it is behind the main street....

Hope it helps someone.

Carol
:)

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
South Molton Internet Access

juliepoolie said:
well spotted carol. Very helpful to know

julie 8)
Not really Julie, just that I live only 6 miles away, and the free parking is very useful. It is right beside a Lorry Park - but don't advise you park in there, due to the fact that articulated lorries use it (It seems to be mainly for a local company called Mays). Safer in the Car Park.

There is also a swimming pool there as well and the shops in South Molton are very nice, no big corporates, the only high street name you will see is Boots, none of the others, so come and shop.

They hold a Farmers Market every 4th Saturday of the month and Thursday and Saturday are market days.

Carol

·
Premium Member
31,991 Posts
it is and the connection is still dial up <<< :grin2:
Sounds like a 56k Modem to me that really only ever connected at true 28 or 33k cos BT domestic lines were crap.

I can remember the 2400 and even 1200 baud modems of the late 80's and the acoustic couplers before that. Mind you they worked. You could control and access computers anywhere in the world with them and as it was all text based they were fast enough even over dialup.

There are still people in Teesdale using Dial up.

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
I am serious and don't call me Shirley :grin2: :grin2::grin2:

sorry Cabby but I have been waiting years to use that line from "Aeroplane"

Reactions: cabby
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.