Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This question is primarily for 'part-timers' as the fulltiming lifestyle is entirely different than part-timing. What I am asking is, for the 'part-timer', is it really relaxing? And, I am anticipating women may answer from a different perspective than men.

For example, women have responsibility for clothing, cleaning, and cooking, plus some interior setup responsibilities (typically speaking).

Men have responsibility for tow vehicle/rv maintenance, exterior setup, and usually driving (typically speaking).

Ladies/Men, does this balance out and allow for relaxation on both parties? When kids are involved does it put added burden on the female? male?

Since we don't all know if your handle is male/female in some cases, maybe it would help if you respond by starting with: From a woman's perspective, or from a man's perspective? Or something to let us know your gender?

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
justice said:
For example, women have responsibility for clothing, cleaning, and cooking, plus some interior setup responsibilities (typically speaking).
I don't know whether this is a Europe man v UK man or whether there is a more practical reason but from our own observations many more women seem to drive the motorhome in France than the UK.

Gillian

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Sorry to do this but I've just thought of an answer.

As there tends to be much less use of the cooking facilities by continentals the men probably think their wife hasn't got enough to do.

Gillian

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Equality perhaps, :tongue10:
or maybe the men cook more in Europe? and that's why their vans come ready fitted with the ideal kitchen - ie large fridge, no oven - or one just big enough to warm the croissants. 8) :walk:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
'cos it's a man thing, - like barbecues, part of the hunter-gatherer gene pool, bury the evidence or whatever :-k

yeah i know I said I was going to bed :^o can't help myself

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ha Ha !!! man thing,,, what would happen if your man went on strike???????

Yes agree on the bed thing but women were allowed in mens beds to act as a bed warmer so you should be there first (LOL)
I am going now and it will still be cold.
Within seconds of me getting in legs will attcah themselves around mine to get warm!!! Getting something wrong somewhere- and thats after 36 years!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
We tend to split the 'chores' as follows:

I drive, Deb navigates and phones the sites as needed.
I cook, Deb washes up
I park Chuggs and Debs guides

Deb also loves to watch me 'faffing about' in Chuggs

We consider having Chggs as a means to an end ie. walking but have discovered that finding a site and just turning down a lane just to see whats there has become part of the fun too, we love serendipity! Also there is the nice feeling of being part of a sepcial group hence the manic waving and flashing lol :hello1: Its nice to stick out of the croud once in a while :wink:

Is it just us who have a good laugh over a cup of tea (or somfink stronger) once we've parked on a wet and windy night about phoning half a doven CL's desperate to find a pitch!! :nike:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hey Dodger, ever hear the one about the ancient greeks and Lysistrata or some one . [see now I've got an excuse to put this smiley in!!! :twisted: ]
no, not that one - this one > :sex:
:D :D 8)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yep lol

I am considered a hot water bottle with extra :wink:

And on that Bombshell, this is definatly OFF topic lol

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I have to do the lot unless I can persuade ths kids to help............ :(

Sometimes it can very very stressful but at least it gets me away from the housework at home for a while - that never gets done at all & is a constant source of worry when at home but out of sight as they say....

On the other hand it can be relaxing being away, a change is as good as a rest. :lol:

But the main reason for motorcaravanning is to meet new friends & meet up with old friends who do not live close by.

If I wanted to relax I'd just shut myself in the bedroon for the weekend! :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.