Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An illegal immigrant arrives in Britain and finds an old lamp.

When he rubs the lamp a genie appears and grants him 3 wishes.

'Im hungry after my journey' he says 'I should like food'.

In a flash a great table appeared full of the most sumptuous banquet.

'Then I want a nice house like an English gentleman'.

Again a flash and there appeared a magnificent Georgian manor house.

'I now want to be just like the British people I have seen on TV'.

Again a flash and this time everything disappears.

'Hey what as happened to my things' cries the man.

The genie shouts ' If youre British you'll get f**k all pal'
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,350 Posts
greenasthegrass said:
It was in the joke section if you don't like it don't read it!
So it is OK to perpetuate racist myths as long as they are put in the joke section? 8O

Also, if I don't like racist myths being perpetuated does it mean I can't appreciate any joke? :eek:

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,865 Posts
Racism

ChrisandJohn said:
greenasthegrass said:
It was in the joke section if you don't like it don't read it!
So it is OK to perpetuate racist myths as long as they are put in the joke section? 8O

Also, if I don't like racist myths being perpetuated does it mean I can't appreciate any joke? :eek:

Chris
Firstly, I cannot find any Racism in the initial post.

Secondly, it happens to be true. I know from first hand experience. (the moral of the tale/joke, not the genie I hope you will appreciate)

Lastly, if you dont like it, pretty much tough luck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,350 Posts
greenasthegrass said:
No but you are really keen on causing trouble on this forum and expressing your opinion at every post which is getting rather tedious!
It's not my intention to cause trouble and I'm sorry if you find my opinions tedious. I think some postings on here shouldn't be allowed to pass unchallenged. I am very happy when I find others challenging them and I often then don't post.

Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,936 Posts
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tony
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,350 Posts
Re: Racism

teemyob said:
ChrisandJohn said:
greenasthegrass said:
It was in the joke section if you don't like it don't read it!
So it is OK to perpetuate racist myths as long as they are put in the joke section? 8O

Also, if I don't like racist myths being perpetuated does it mean I can't appreciate any joke? :eek:

Chris
Firstly, I cannot find any Racism in the initial post.

Secondly, it happens to be true. I know from first hand experience. (the moral of the tale/joke, not the genie I hope you will appreciate)

Lastly, if you dont like it, pretty much tough luck.
The message the 'joke' seems to be putting across is that if you are an illegal immigrant you'll get loads of benefits but if you are British you won't. Both parts of this message are untrue so the joke seems to be designed to stir up resentment.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,173 Posts
Re: Racism

ChrisandJohn said:
teemyob said:
ChrisandJohn said:
greenasthegrass said:
It was in the joke section if you don't like it don't read it!
So it is OK to perpetuate racist myths as long as they are put in the joke section? 8O

Also, if I don't like racist myths being perpetuated does it mean I can't appreciate any joke? :eek:

Chris
Firstly, I cannot find any Racism in the initial post.

Secondly, it happens to be true. I know from first hand experience. (the moral of the tale/joke, not the genie I hope you will appreciate)

Lastly, if you dont like it, pretty much tough luck.
The message the 'joke' seems to be putting across is that if you are an illegal immigrant you'll get loads of benefits but if you are British you won't. Both parts of this message are untrue so the joke seems to be designed to stir up resentment.

Chris
Erm its a joke! It isnt trying to put across any message its supposed to be funny, you know ha ha ha hee hee hee titter titter snigger!!!!
The only person resenting the joke seems to be yourself, cos it offends you because in your experience its untrue, others with vastly different experience may recognise a teeny glimmer of truth in there! Rightly or wrongly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Back to the Joke's Folks...............

I was out walking the other day when I was aproched by a man with outstreached hand he said he'd not had a bite for 3 days............



So I bit him....... :0)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Re: Racism

[quote="carolgavin
Erm its a joke! It isnt trying to put across any message its supposed to be funny, you know ha ha ha hee hee hee titter titter snigger!!!!
The only person resenting the joke seems to be yourself, cos it offends you because in your experience its untrue, others with vastly different experience may recognise a teeny glimmer of truth in there! Rightly or wrongly![/quote]

Thank goodness for some sanity, I agree totally with you Carol.

Jacobite
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Is there no humour left.First it was nursrey rhymes BaBa blacksheep,3 blind mice,now it seems you cant tell a joke if you mention a minority group.There have been Irish,who Scottish,English jokes forever,who cares.If you dont like jokes dont look at the post.
John.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Man walked into a pet shop and said he would like a pet for his elderly mum.
The owner said " how about a dog" the man said no because she wouldnt be able to walk it.
The owner said " how about a cat" he said no because she is allergic to cats
The owner said how about a budgie, the man said no because she is afraid of birds.
The owner scratched his head then asked " have you any idea's"
The man said " how about a wasp"
The owner said " we dont sell wasps"
The man said " well thats funny, you had one in the window yesterday"
Ha ha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts

A man was walking past a high fence and he heard " sixteen, sixteen, sixteen, sixteen " he thought, I wonder what that is. He came across a small hole in the fence and thought he would have a look.
He got poked in the eye and a voice said " seventeen, seventeen, seventeen, seventeen"

Jakki
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,275 Posts
I am sorry, but the jokes about the wasp and the fence are against PC guidelines.

The wasp is coloured and is an insect that cannot defend itself against the slur.

The fence joke is not gender-inclusive, it might have been a female that looked through the hole.
In fact it might even have been a coloured, one-legged, lesb...........ooooops!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
Thank goodness for humour.
I'm so pleased I can see the funny side of things without analizing everything in case it might mean something else and give one a guilt complex.

Whilst I'm on, why do we leave out the poor Welshman in the Englishman , Irishman & a Scotsman jokes? Is this descrimination :?:
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top