Motorhome Facts Forum banner
161 - 180 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
That all sounds good Jan. Sit back... breathe.... and relax!
I am doing just that Jean.
If Heike was my biological daughter she couldn’t treat me better.
Last evening for instances she gave me a shoulder massage (the shoulder I dislocated is playing up because I have been using that hand and arm all the time).
Massaged and creamed my legs, changed the dressing which I am still having, just a light covering because its uncomfortable resting the arm on furniture etc. and the dressing is to stop the cream from messing up everything I put my arm on.
When I go to bed I find the glass of water by my bed and Motleys water bowl on the floor.
Each morning I get up around 6 am and waiting in the kitchen very orderly is a kettle with just enough water in ready to turn on, my cup, teapot and my one cup tea sieve.
Motley gets 4 small meals a day to try getting a bit of weight back on him, but then one or other of them takes him for 4 walks a day, 2 at the moment, early morning late evening because it’s in the high 20is low 30is. I said he is so fit still, he eats what he needs, is a happy little dog, in the years we have had him he has never been over 10 kg. He lost over a kg. in March when he was ill and he hasn’t put it all back on yet, but I’m not concerned if he is happy and healthy.

My hand and arm are still red, but I can now put weight on them which I wasn’t able to do a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
If they can make tanks, they should do a reasonable job ! Just check where they are fitting the 30mm self loading gun as you don’t want to share your bed with an ammunition store…

Maybe Jürgen is taking the wee Gerty, and thinks that's what you need next time :D :D
A Tank.
How could anyone be down in the mouth with jokers like we have on this forum 😂.

I translated that to Jürgen who though both were hilarious.
Heike has left us alone today, she’s gone to the zoo with her grandson and family.

·
Premium Member
35,811 Posts
They have a long history of making well engineered products of all sorts including armaments, but not motorhomes so far as I know.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
I bet they do Alan. My Hobby was not bad and then there have been a few on large German chassis.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
31,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Good that the insurance companies are on it Jan so you can relax. I suspect however if its found the garage were at fault you can expect an army of Ambulance Chasers hounding you. At least thats what would happen here. If it turns out they are liable I would expect a payout of at least the value of a new van in compensation for you and some.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Good that the insurance companies are on it Jan so you can relax. I suspect however if its found the garage were at fault you can expect an army of Ambulance Chasers hounding you. At least thats what would happen here. If it turns out they are liable I would expect a payout of at least the value of a new van in compensation for you and some.
I’m not banking on anything Barry, what is will be, I am relieved nothing more happened to me, it’s unthinkable what might have happened.
Mind you if there is a payout of a few quid I’m not sharing it 😂

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Oh go one then, how art thou today oh burnt one ;) ;)
The hand and arm are sill rather red and tender, but as it’s only just over 2 weeks since it happened and a lot of miracles happened on that day I can’t expect another so soon.
I have been thinking, as I do, my telling you all everything is probably better than someone who needs a councillor after a trauma, I can tell you things day or night, 10 times over if I have forgotten the other 9 times, nothing is left to fester inside my head, it’s probably also what helped me cope alone after Hans. So thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
That is the beauty of a forum where you are well known Gert, it matters not if anyone reads it or likes it, you have got it out of your system and can move on.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
If your hands end up as smooth as a baby’s bum without the nappy rash, after using whatever, go for it !

Lesley used this on her back after the Malignant Melanoma was removed, it has done an outstanding job, much better result than mine from years ago and hers is less than one year, BUT I don’t know if it is available in Germany;

She has long nursing experience of Beparthen but reckons Cicalfate is better…..
Tonight I have this very expensive 12.90€ for 40ml. on my arm Dave, I do hope Lesley is right.
I have the arm uncovered during the day, but it’s too tender to leave uncovered in bed.
A lot of dead skin removed tonight.

·
Premium Member
22,820 Posts
She is nodding wisely, that is what she would expect, keep covered when needed and uncovered when not.

Make sure you cover it before doing anything dirty (ignore any comments from the smutty members), eg gardening, vacuum cleaning, making pastry or cakes (flour flies everywhere), dusting, washing up etc., now you have a good excuse (on medical advice) to live without cleaning, gardening, making things and you have Carte Blanche to buy ready made meals and cakes…. Isn’t MHF useful !

Make sure that you keep your skin covered if out in sun, it will not tan this year I suspect, but “pale and interesting” is the way to go…..

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
She is nodding wisely, that is what she would expect, keep covered when needed and uncovered when not.

Make sure you cover it before doing anything dirty (ignore any comments from the smutty members), eg gardening, vacuum cleaning, making pastry or cakes (flour flies everywhere), dusting, washing up etc., now you have a good excuse (on medical advice) to live without cleaning, gardening, making things and you have Carte Blanche to buy ready made meals and cakes…. Isn’t MHF useful !

Make sure that you keep your skin covered if out in sun, it will not tan this year I suspect, but “pale and interesting” is the way to go…..
While I am here with Heike there is no fear of me doing any of that Dave, spoilt like a spoilt child I am, I can’t use my hand for any of that stuff yet anyway, it’s much to sore and tender.

161 - 180 of 251 Posts