Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Vendor
12,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is the January monthly newsletter from MotorhomeFacts.
I have sent it out slightly early, but going to be a busy new year so wanted to ensure it was done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Site Updates

Well its been a very busy time here in MHFactsHQ, the following enhancements have been added to the site:-

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) added:-

Motorhome Electrics.

I need a couple of other FAQs writing if anyone is interested, starting with a Towing behind a motorhome FAQ, and a Gas in the motorhome FAQ to compliment Matt Windrums information on refillable bottles.

The Motorhome Search Database is still being updated. We have over 400 motorhomes in our database, with more due to be added in the new year. It has been harder than anticipated getting all the information together, I intend to contact each manufacturer to ask if they can supply the information direct rather than me try and find it. I have also modified the show all records pages to do page by page listings of 50 motorhomes each page now that there are so many motorhomes.

Mailing List

I have sent out a subscription invitation to you all for the motorhome discussion email list, hopefully this will spur some of you into action and grow this other avenue of information.

The Photo Gallery is slowly being populated with 16 members having now uploaded photos of them and their pride of joy motorhomes. We still need more photos though, so go on and upload away. There is a guide in the FAQ section explaining how to create an album and upload your pictures so why not spend 1/2 hour stamping your mark on the gallery. I note that some users have created albums and uploaded photos but not changed the descriptive text to show whose album it is. The Gallery application is slightly confusing in that you have to select "Edit Text" from the dropdown to change the name of the album, whereas the "Rename Album" option renames the folder on disk that it is stored in.

I have added a better navigation bar at the top of the page to allow easier access to some of the sites facilties.

I have also added some sponsor advertisements at the top of the page, i have attempted to blend these in to make them unobtrusive, i get no money for these unless people actually click on the ads, so please every time you visit the site click on one as it helps fund the site and allows me to add better functionality :)

E-Cards have also been added, these are Electronic Cards which you choose online and then send them, We have a good selection of Xmas themed and Humerous cards at present with more to be added.
Here is an example in the christmas theme of course -

Competitions

The Caravan and Motorhome show competition has <1 week left to run, so if you know of a good slogan which we can use on motorhomefacts.com then click Here for more details of how to enter to win tickets.
We will also be featuring a competition for The Scottish Caravan & Outdoor Leisure Show 2004 - held at the SECC in Glasgow, 5-8 Feb. So check back for details for that soon.

Future Plans

ECommerce facility whereby our members can purchase their motorhome goods online. Estimate Q1 2004. (Update - we have formed a business relationship with an established supplier and hope to have this facility up and running in January/February 2004). We intend to sell only those goods that are specific to motorhoming all from a central website.

A Find your nearest dealer page whereby you can type in your postcode and select either All or a specific Manufacturer from a dropdown list to see a page of results for the nearest Dealers to your address, (Note: This is also intended to be linked as another column in the MH Search results)

Submissions

We have started to receive submissions from our members, we also received a couple more reviews this month from Grant and Angela Kay (Nu Venture Quatrro) and Ken Tilbury's Compass Avantgarde 400.
we are particulary keen to receive Owner reviews of their motorhomes, News related to Motorhomes and any other motorhome related information, either email direct to us at [email protected] or you can submit using the online Submit News page.
Please pass the word on about http://www.motorhomefacts.com as the more people who utilise the website the more information we receive for the community.

Well time to go, until next month, Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a good new year wherever you are whether it be at home in the UK or out in the south of Spain sunning yourself sat by your motorhome on the beach at Christmas

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.