Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunately park my motorhome in a location prone to becoming very dirty quickly due to dust from a main road and dirt dripping on the roof from over hanging trees. The road is the major offender all year round where dirt off the trees tends to be seasonal. The roof and other horizontal surfaces are particularly prone to becoming dirty. It has been particularly bad this year because it has been so dry. I am considering building a 'car port' style garage. Does anyone else park a motorhome under a similar structure and how effective is it at keeping the vehicle clean ?

peedee

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Not where we live now, I suffer the trees thingy myself.
Previous house was great I had a car port the height of which we had to lift from its orginal height (with accrow props) It did keep the van clean and saved tree/bird droppings. If we did wash it though in situ the offside never got washed cos it was against the wall. To sum up, if you have the space and can get the height right do it, I wouldnt hesitate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.