Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have just purchased a Kentucky Royal 6 on a Ford Transit '04 plate in a private sale.

Located on the right hand side of the living area entrance door, there are two brown rocker type switches about 2 inch square mounted one above the other. One operates the light above the entrance door, however operating the other seems to do nothing.

There is no mention of either switch nor their function in the Kentucky owners handbook.

I wonder if anyone can enlighten me as to what this switch is for?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi CliveMott,

Quick reply, 'fraid this MH does not have a retractable step. Sits low and has internal steps up into living area.

That was my thoughts that the switch was fitted to all models and in some operated something like an electrically retractable step. I did hope it may have been for operating the sun canopy but............it is a mechancal wind in/out type.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yes this switch allows you to have the ceiling lights on and switch them off by the door when leaving. Obviously it also allows you to switch them on as you enter by the door

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Mystery Switch

Hi Royal6,

Just nipped out and checked my Rimor which has a similar switch.

It also is linked to the spotlights over the bed, the toilet/shower lights and the awning light.

If they're all on, this one switch will kill or enable them all.

I just checked if the water pump was also tied in but it appears to be in another circuit.

The Kentucky is built at the Rimor factory by the way.

Cheers,
Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.