Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have recently bought a Litech kettle after getting fed up with the standard fill thru' the spout camping one we had.
It is similar to the swedish kaffee can with a large lid small pouring spout and fold down handle. Very lightweight and we find it much easier to fill when using 5ltr water bottles.
So if you need a kettle I would recommend this type. Two sizes 0.9 litre & 1.5 litre.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hi. What is the Swedish Kaffee can plesae? is it one you can put directly on to the stove with ground coffee - that is what I am looking for or a very simple way to make coffee. We use a cafetiere at the moment. I find it a bit of a faff vleaning it out afterwards especially if we are wild camping and water is precious!

·
Registered
621 Posts
rapidorob said:
We have recently bought a Litech kettle after getting fed up with the standard fill thru' the spout camping one we had.
It is similar to the swedish kaffee can with a large lid small pouring spout and fold down handle. Very lightweight and we find it much easier to fill when using 5ltr water bottles.
So if you need a kettle I would recommend this type. Two sizes 0.9 litre & 1.5 litre.
Hi

I have the one on the left. Due to its wide profile, it boils really quickly especially when sat on a Colman petrol stove :lol: :lol:

....in the carp fishing world they are known as Billy kettles.....as they only hold enough water for one large cup

Doug

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oldtart said:
Hi. What is the Swedish Kaffee can plesae? is it one you can put directly on to the stove with ground coffee - that is what I am looking for or a very simple way to make coffee. We use a cafetiere at the moment. I find it a bit of a faff vleaning it out afterwards especially if we are wild camping and water is precious!
I have no idea, but various You Tube and suchlike posts have called them kaffee cans. The large lidded opening makes them easy to clean and some of my research noted that these types of kettles are often used for more than boiling water ie. cooking stews or soups. They have no filter like a cafetiere so you would end up with grounds without a filter of some sort.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carper said:
....in the carp fishing world they are known as Billy kettles.....as they only hold enough water for one large cup
Doug
That's a hell of a soup mug 900ml ! :lol:
We got ours from http://www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk/acatalog/Pots__Pans_and_Cutlery.html
who were very quick with delivery and on a separate order very quick to replace a damaged item (production fault not handling or delivery) nice people to deal with.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Thanks for that info. After writing my message I found Lakeland Bushcraft and will probably get one. They look as if they will fit easier in to the cupboard. The only thing is, I don't think they have a whistle!!!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I use coffee bags to make coffee, much easier. Also this kettle is marketed by Trangia, for their storm cookers, which is a Swedish firm.
My first version had an infuser in it as well as a folding handle.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just one of the mentions of Kaffee can from a really good woodsman.

Hogan our old one had no central lid/fill point and weighs more than twice the new one.

Bigfoot Maybe the one with an infuser is more akin the pattern the Litetech one is modelled on

and no it does not whistle... which is brilliant because I am usually up and making coffee around 0330-0400 while Sue sleeps in 'til 0700 or so (yes even when on my hols :D )
It also fits in my backpack for our days out hiking/exploring new places not many others will. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.