Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,283 Posts
Hello folks
just bought a new Knaus Van Ti Plus MEG 650 and i can only get thousands of German channels but all I want are the usual good old BBC, ITV, C4 C5 etc channels
Oyster and Avtex are unable to help

thanks
Ian
[email protected]
If you are in the U.K. there really shouldn't be an issue, however if your in mainland Europe the signal footprint is very limited unless you have a massive dish. Just make sure you're locking on to the correct satellite.

Some detail here….

https://www.astrasat.tv/lost-your-signal-satellite-issues-your-questions-answered/

Terry

·
Premium Member
31,964 Posts
It sounds to me like you are tuned into the wrong satellite. Probably Hotbird or Sirus but you want Astra 28 or whatever its called these days. I dont have your system but mine is a Camos Dome with a Free Sat receiver and a separate tuner box for the satellite. I think I have five choices of satellite to tune into so maybe your system has similar and you just need to choose the right one for UK channels and let it do its thing.

·
Premium Member
28,119 Posts
Friend bought a new van in France and was surprised he could only get French stations on his sat dish?
Maybe you need a UK tuner or one where you can chose the sat?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
You need Astra 2 which is located 28.2 East of South, from your comment the dish is pointing to Astra 1 19.2 E of South
Depends on which Oyster system you have and how old, some systems require a separate decoder whilst others have a built in one, some of the older systems cannot be upgraded to find Astra 2, although there are ways around it, do a Google search or if you have specific questions ask here.

·
Premium Member
36,026 Posts
You will need to search for Astra2, as others have said.

Your controller may already have settings to allow it to give you that option. If not you will need to add them by entering the transponders (frequencies your controller searches for and locks on to).

https://en.satexpat.com/sat/east/28.2/astra2-uk-spotbeam/

Frequencies and polarisation are what you are after. You put three or four in to your controller so that the receiver finds and locks on to the right satellite.

·
Premium Member
23,063 Posts
If you want the BBC etc., you need Astra 2 yes, but you need the Northbeam which has a much smaller footprint than the Southbeam - the South beam does NOT have any of the “usual” British channels.

·
Premium Member
36,026 Posts
My link is to the UK spot beam which includes BBC. I am unaware of another.

·
Premium Member
11,283 Posts

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Most German channels are located on Astra 1 at 19 east
UK channels come from the Astra 2 group of satellites located at 28 east.

So you need to do two things...move your dish onto the correct satellites, and then scan for channels on the Astra 2 setting,

(There are three UK TV satellites, 2e, 2f and 2g. Each has at least two beams, a UK beam, and a European beam - no "north or South" beam which were on the previous Astra 2 UK TV satellites! If in the UK then all channels on both beams should be available. In Europe the UK beam gets "weaker" the further south and east and west you go, but there are some "hotspots")

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.