Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice please on L P G. i have a Renault Traffic 1700 petrol L reg with 43000 on the clock, would it be worth my while converting to LPG if so is it very expensive,and how will affect performance.What are the advantages and disadvantages,

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have seen these converted, but it comes down to do you want to pay the price for the installation ? Being realistic would you get a return on your investment ? LPG does seem popular with the petrol driven motorhomers as its relatively cheap at the moment, but we all know what happens to tax when governments latch onto something. You wouldnt notice much change in performance, Beware of cheap conversions.

·
Premium Member
7,022 Posts
You must make sure any conversion is carried out by an approved converter otherwise you may have problems obtaining vehicle insurance.
In some places there may be restrictions on vehicles powered by LPG. You cannot use the Channel Tunnel for instance. It may also apply to other tunnels?
peedee

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for help

Thanks Dodger and Peedee, dosnt sound such a good idea the L P G i think i will give that a miss,im having the Renault Traffic minibus converted into a Motorhome by Leisuredrive in Manchester on the 1st of December,i do hope im going about this the right way :roll: i have looked for motorhomes accessible for my wheelchair with no luck,so went for this option as im on a tight budget,

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have heard some good reports of them (locally) you will be all right.
A volume producer, no matter how good will never fully understand the needs of the disabled until they employ one on their design teams

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.