Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys and girls

the time is getting very close to our departure, we have to be at the eurotunnel at 17:18 on wednesday for a 6 oclock train

downside is we have a 493 mile trip to get there from our house, we are leaving at 1600 tomorrow after we have had our awning fitted in the morning

(cutting it close i know) was the only time they had

so hope you all have a happy june...............i hope i will to

Paul

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Good voyage and Bon Journey Redone. Have a great time and look forward to hearing about your travels with pics in colour when you get back.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I just had a thought...Some of the campsites now have i\cafes and its only a few Euro to call back home. Take your mhf login and password with you and you can let us all know you are all OK not to mention green with envy, I'm off too on Thursday to the hopefully sunny south of France, so you may see me on the news.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Have a safe and troublefree journey and a successful holiday to boot.

We go from Dover 06.00 Friday next.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hi RedOne,

Have a great time this time both,you deserve it.

Be thinking of you,perhaps you could find an internet cafe to say hello to us like Tramp did.

Take care & look after each other..................... :cry:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pusser

i will be popping into the odd i/cafe to check my mail from the kids etc, and i did thinkof having a quick skeg at this site to see that everyone is alive and ticking
Where in the south of france are you going to?

do they have crimewatch in france

Paul

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Well, I'm going to the VAR in a car (Coglin) as we are taking a couple with us whose hubby is disabled through a series of heart attacks and strokes. He can't speak and can only just walk and is not a full ticket in other respects.

But this will be a break for him away from his 24/7 hours on the settee and hopefully bring some respite to his Missus who works her arse off with a full time job and caring for him.
We decided on the car for a number of reasons, cost, air con, speed as we are only going for a ten day round trip and stopping at a hotel on the way there and back.

But I am so looking forward to it. Can't wait. :blob5:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Have a great time all of you who are off in June, which includes me and Jess as we are off end of the week to Arran, 16 days cowless :D so you will all have to behave yourselves on here till we get back :lol:
Come back PJ all is forgiven

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Thanks Helen...It's not quite the heroic gesture it seems as my wife went to school with both of them and they are very close friends. But I have noticied in life that if you can help others, the rewards you feel afterwards are really much greater than the effort of help. e.g. On Bank Holiday Sunday a client of mine who is in advanced MS computer failed and I spent three hours around there getting it back up an running from a batch of viruses. When I finished it took him about 5 minutes to say thankyou which is a major effort for him, and extemely tiring. That is worth its weight in gold. You have to understand that his computer is his life and apart from TV is all that happens in it. He won't live much longer now as he has started choking on food and drink and it is very sad and I shall be devastated when he crosses the bar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.