Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an LED awning light but would like one with a dual-brightness.

Something similar to the labcraft one but with the ability to switch between 24&48 LED's for instance.

Anyone know of anything out there?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
47,066 Posts
You might struggle with that one, unless you could find one big enough internally to add another row of LEDs,, and have an additional switch, they're going to be used on EHU I assume, as they would drain the LBs fairly quick I think.

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
Kampa sabrelink is what you want.

I have just purchased one (make sure you get the starter kit not the add on AND that its the one with 150 LED's as there are smaller ones)

Its about 1.5m long, the thickness of a slimline fluorescent tube but is polycarbonate. It comes with a mains adapter (but can run off a standard 12V supply) best of all it has a remote control so you can have any brightness from 20% up to (a very bright) 100%. It also comes with "pipe clips" that allow you to attach it to an awning pole AND a couple of large plastic "S" hooks.

It is a brilliant (sic) bit of kit, I paid £40 inc delivery from

www.campingworld.co.uk

and search for Sabrelink (tried adding a link, it didnt work)

Very speedy delivery as well, I cannot recommend this item enough, its EXACTLY what I wanted and provides all the light you could possibly want.

But do make certain you get the 150 LED STARTER kit as there are add ons available (cant imagine anyone wanting more than one though.

Andy

Reactions: bijgouder

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
The problem you might have is finding somewhere there is enough clearance so you can leave any light permanently fitted.

If you have a look on Ebay you can buy self adhesive, flexible LED strips that can be cut to length every 3 LED's. I have used them as internal illumination (and they are very good, 5m for under a tenner delivered) but they are also available as waterproof external ones. The only problem I can see is that the JED's are rather directional in where they project the light so jujst sticking them onto the side of your MH might not put the light where you want it.

The Sabrelink takes seconds to install, one lead and a couple of clips. As its lightweight you could run a bungy between your awning arms and hang one from it using the "S" hooks supplied.

Andy

Reactions: cabby

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts