Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite being turned off when not in use (ie when stored outside my home) the leisure battery in my 2007 CI Carioca has always completely lost its charge whenever I go to use it the next time. This is despite always being left fully charged-up. Everything in the MH is always left switched off - anyone any ideas what could be draining it/what the problem could be? The battery itself is a new replacement - as I thought the problem might be a worn-out/dud battery, so can't be that. (Habitation check last month found no problems)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Are we talking Days or weeks

Any of these
Reversing camera
TV aerial booster
Radio on standby
clock

If its outside your home can you not charge it every now and then

Also if you are always letting the voltage go well below 10.5, volt then you will soon knacker the new battery

Alan H

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,557 Posts
From recent research I've been doing, I wonder if it might be as simple as having an inverter, even if anything plugged into it is turned off the inverter itself will use a small amount of power (around 1 amp) it could be an LED somewhere out of sight, it's doesn't take much to flatten a battery over a period of time.

Kev.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
All the sources of drain mentioned above are likely to be the cause. Simple way to stop it. When you lay the van up just remove the little yellow 20A fuse in your fuse box (marked leisure battery). You will not get that problem again if you do that just don't loose the fuse :D

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all advice

I've had Motorhome from new - and we're talking days/a day/overnight drainining from fully charged. No LEDs left on, but I do have TV booster cable - will check if it's left plugged in. Hadn't thought of that. Also belong to Tracker scheme - could a signal to/from that take a small charge?

Charge up regularly at home - well, have to, otherwise everything totally flat, but the problem is when we have to be on a site with no electrical hookups - ie Beauliu Autojumble next weekend! By the morning we'll have to run the engine to get enough charge to turn the taps on! :?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
If you have a tracker/alarm running from the the battery it will drain it.

Ours runs from the van battery and runs that down, so it linked it to van battery via a removable cable which are kept charged by the solar panels and this keeps all the batteries charged.

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.