Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is based on a post from another member (tco) in another thread, which IMHO felt needed a bit more visibility.

Low Emission Zone, Enter Reg No Here

I hope you get the message box below.

"Not subject to LEZ - Based on the information you have entered and information held by Transport for London (TfL), the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) does not apply to this vehicle. As long as the vehicle remains not subject to the LEZ the daily charge does not have to be paid for this vehicle when it is used in the zone.

Emissions classification for these dates is based on the Vehicle Type and the age of the vehicle."

Our MH is OK, but I still don't trust them not to send me a bill though.:black:

Kev.

PS if you're not on the list of compliant vehicles, these are your options

Available options

If your vehicle is not listed on TfL's database as compliant (ie meets the required emissions standards), there are a number of options available to you:

Certify your engine emissions
Some Euro II and a few Euro I certified vehicles registered before 1 October 2001 may have sufficiently low particulate matter emissions that they will meet the required emissions standards for 2008 without modification. You will need to check the Eligible Engines List and have the vehicle certified at the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA).
If your vehicle is registered outside Great Britain you will need to provide TfL with evidence that your vehicle has an eligible engine.
Modify your vehicle
Possible modifications include fitting pollution abatement equipment or a gas conversion. All modifications will need to be certified by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) or an equivalent authorised body if your vehicle is registered outside of Great Britain.
Check for discounts and exemptions
Register with TfL if your vehicle is eligible for either a discount or an exemption.
Register with TfL
All vehicles registered outside of Great Britain will have to be registered with TfL if they meet the LEZ emissions standards and are to be used within the zone.
Replace your vehicle
Use a newer vehicle which meets the LEZ emissions standards.
Reorganise your fleet
Plan ahead so that only vehicles which meet the LEZ emissions standards are used within the zone.
Pay the daily charge
If you have no other option, pay the daily charge for each day you drive within the LEZ.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mavis,

Hope you is hunky dory, I only went onto the site following a link, didn't notice anything to say it was discontinued, so I posted it anyway, as it'll only be a matter of time before it returns anyway I think.

Kev.

PS I'm over 3.5t, it should be 3,850kg, but I weighed her on a weighbridge on the old Mol road on Skye last week, and the old girl had an extra 30kg on her rear end, but I'm glad to say she's been on a severe diet, and is now under her limit on both axles.

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
I know but I want the German way of doing it and Cameron agrees with me as does European Parliament 8O
A fine of £100 in and £100 out is just not on.
If it does come into force again I will restart the fight :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Im a pussy cat really but this really made me mad as I had friends in London that wouldnt be able to move their M/H's off the drive without paying £200 + rally fees and fuel for a weekend.
Just to silly really.
I agree about saving the planet but what a high cost --either that or a new M/H.
The companies have not come up with a cheap conversion yet and Fiat said scrap you van to Ray.
Cheeky :evil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.