Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a Navigator 6500xl for £180 from the new Lidl store in Launceston, Cornwall. The manager said they had plenty in stock, which looked to be the case as the shelves were stacked out with "bargains" for the opening day yesterday.
If you want one, get there quick!
PS Does anyone know the cheapest way to upgrade the Europe map- they are only main roads.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
8O Quote:-

PS Does anyone know the cheapest way to upgrade the Europe map- they are only main roads.

8O Maybe that's why they are so cheap? 8O I am still happy with my own NAGIVATOR :wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi,

I have buy the 6500 XL with TMC for two month by LIDL in Germany :
Price : 379 Euro

It has a a memory card with 512 Mb and detailled maps of : Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Liechtenstein and Alsace.
An upgrade for France p.ex: 99 Euro by FALK.
I tested it 3 weeks and give him back, because problem of reception with outside antenna and my alcove. Outside antenna is only 2m long.

You can give back to Lidl within 4 weeks, but only with original package.

I will wait till the new model with Mobile 2005 came out next ,and look for a longer antenna.

best regards,

duc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lidl "My Guide" Navigator 6500XL

I quite fancy this, and it's on sale again on Monday 30th. I especially like the fact that the Tom Tom software can be used. Where do you get the Tom Tom software? How easy/difficult is it to change?

Has anyone else had duc's reception problem?

·
Premium Member
9,766 Posts
Hi Kerenza

Yes, there can be a problem with reception if you have a very large overhang on the alcove (luton). The antenna is on the PDA and if the PDA is sited low on the dash the antenna cannot see the sky. We found that by using a windscreen mount at the bottom of the screen sufficient view is obtained. As Duc says, the external antenna supplied only has a short lead so isn't much use in a M/H with an alcove. As regards swapping to TomTom, this is quite simple. You can purchase the TomTom software off Ebay at around £80 for a new, legal copy or a used copy for much less. Pirated copies are on sale for less than a tenner "for evaluation". They probably work OK but I obviously couldn't condone these.

Gaspode

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have just bought an Acer N35 with GPS from Ebuyer.co.uk for £224.

Comes with destinator s/w but i have also loaded tom tom onto another sd card so can use either. There does not seem to much difference between the s/w.

Comes with windscreen mount and works nicely even though I have a large overhang.

This is a fully functional PDA, so is a bargain.

Trevor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.