Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,601 Posts
:? Hi Texas. If you have the dish pointing towards the Sun at 11.30am (perhaps a little late now) with the face of the dish virtually vertical move it VERY (when stood behind) slowly to the left, then VERY slowly to the right. You should get something?

· Registered
2,601 Posts
8O I had a similar problem with my Kathrien dish while was away last week at Reighton Sands. I did eventually get a signal but it wasn't that good. It is possible you have a faulty LNB, but I usually find they either work or they don't. I don't need to ask if you have checked the connections? Sometimes if the earth shielding on the cable is shorting ( a single thin wire is enough) it can also give the same problem.

· Registered
2,601 Posts
:D I was just going to post, but it looks like you are getting there while I was looking up about the kit. It doen't come with a meter which would have told you (if it lit up) that you had power from the satellite receiver up the cable. The only other way to check for voltage (it duesn't send 13/18v unless there is an LNB connected) would be to wet your fingers and see if you get a tingle? Not really recommended, but it does work. :roll:

· Registered
2,601 Posts
8O Oh dear Texas looks like you on either Astra 1 or Hotbird. Never mind, at least you are getting there. Astra 2 is further to the left as you stand behind the dish. Good viewing. :D

· Registered
2,601 Posts
8O If there is no exit key and as I don't actually have the set you have. I can only suggest, switch off the set and then back on again. Unless of course it's your TV ?

· Registered
2,601 Posts
:D Hi Paulway. Once you have all your channels on the set. All you have to do is find the signal for the Satellite you wish to watch. I am sure you have enough practice at that now to be able to set it up in no time. :wink:

· Registered
2,601 Posts
carolgavin said:
fink ours is busted :cry:
:? Daft question? Is it not powering up? Have you checked the fuse in the plug? Is it powering up but not working? Need more information to give you some definitive pointers of what to look for. :wink:

· Registered
2,601 Posts
8O Hi carolgavin I am certain you are not stupid. Perhaps just a little unlucky. Wish I could help out more but I am not planning on a trip up North just at the moment.. :roll:

· Registered
2,601 Posts
:? 8O :? 8O :? 8O If you had read ALL the posts? That has been mentioned on several occasions in this and another thread. carolgavin said it was not working..It obviously is, but not pointing at the correct point in the sky. 8O :? 8O :? 8O :?

· Registered
2,601 Posts
8O :? Wouldn't help much if he is parked on a slope. Also if he has got the wrong Satellite postion for the channels he trying to look at.he has no chance what so ever. :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.