Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and SWMBO are setting off tonight touring, so I have today been to three local Lidl stores to check whether they will have any of the portable dish systems they are advertising in stock tomorrow, so that my brother-in-law can purchase one for me whilst I am away.

All three stores informed me that they hadn't been supplied with any and are not expecting deliveries.

It will be interesting to see how many members are successful in purchasing one.......

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Lidl special offers are area specific - different parts of the country have different offers at any one time - then the unsold stock gets moved back to the distribution centre and sent out to the next area getting that stock as a special offer.

I noticed that the sat dish offer was in the doncaster area i think, so if looking for it in the south west, it might not be there.

Aldi do national special offers.

D

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D.....

Not area specific - a national offer. All of the stores had the dish advertised on the hoardings outside their doors, in their in-store magazines and it is on-line, all for Mon 8th June.

Hope you are all lucky!

·
Registered
634 Posts
LIDLE SAT BOX

Our local Lidle had them i am told last week, this store is in St Leonards on sea East Sussex. I got mine from there about two years ago and for the price(£60 at that time )its v, good.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
prof20 said:
D.....

Not area specific - a national offer. All of the stores had the dish advertised on the hoardings outside their doors, in their in-store magazines and it is on-line, all for Mon 8th June.

Hope you are all lucky!
I beg your pudding and stand corrected!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
D.....

You can dig my garden any day.

I've e-mailed Lidl about the situation - see what they say. Tell you in two weeks when I get back. Driving overnight to miss traffic on M25.

Roger & Fran

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Waleem said:
Loads in my local store last week. 8)

(But we go away to ESCAPE the TV, so not of interest to me !! :D )
In Lidl ?

I tried last week - straight after seeing the post in MHF. They clearly felt sorry for me coming a week before they were due for sale which is why they are putting one aside for me tomorrow.

All the bumpf says they are not on sale until tomorrow...perhaps your local manager got it wrong !

We want one so we can get radio while we are away - not bothered about TV at home or away.

G

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
OK - got there just as they opened at 8am. Queue of 6 or 7 waiting to get in......yep, they all went for the dishes.

Managed to get one of the last 3 left.

Left the store at 8.10 - none left!!!!!!!!

Flo will be happy - she can now look forward to watching her French TV channels (ARTE in particular - art and literature........she likes it!!!!)

Carl

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
My good lady managed to get one of these for us this morning! :D

I will give it a go on our next trip....give me something to do and keep me out of trouble.......for a while.....I hope! :wink:

Keith

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was first in the queue waiting at the lidal local to me this morning,

got in side and enquired about them to be told they sold them yesterday :x ,

I went home and phoned customer services and complained like hell , they managed to locate me the last one in a grimsby store at 8.40 am and put it aside for me,

did 80 miles in the two trips to get one

·
Registered
152 Posts
Went to Lidl this afternoon. 2 members of staff did not know what I was talking about. AND then I found a small note on the counter saying they had sold out this morning ?????

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.