Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have a Rapido 2000 740F and after having recently been in the london area have received a £1000 penalty notice warning for being a non-compliant vehicle entering the LEZ. After looking at the transport for london website I am still unsure whether my motorhome should be charged. I also made a very confusingcall to the LEZ phone line. Any body encountered this problem with their MH?

Can anyone advise of my 740F official weight classification (above or beloe 2.5Tonnes)

Many Thanks

DEAN

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If you, or anyone, goes to the LEZ website, on entering registration details of your vehicle it will tell you the status of it as regards being LEZ compliant, or not.

Did you actually get fined, or only warned that you were liable to be?

(edit) to say that, some of the LEZ rules have been suspended temporarily, by the London Mayor. It may be that you would have been fined if they had not been suspended and you are just being warned: depends exactly what the document says.

Harvey

·
Registered
163 Posts
We were specifically told that a vehicle entering the LEZ area that is not compliant would be treated as such except the fine would be waved for that visit and any further for a period of thirty days whilst the vehicle would be made compliant, after that period it would be fined as normal.

The coaches were the first but now i believe it has come into effect for vehicles over 7.5 or 3.5 t but they do list vehicles which are exempt, so in essence you shouldnt have been fined the first time and you should be able to find out how you you stand with a motorhome.

Vehicles registered after 2002 should automatically be exempt well it is in the case of coaches anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.