Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Now I know you guys are the collective font of all knowledge so i'm trying this one out on you. :idea:

The manufacturers of my CI motorhome have in all their wisdom put some odd shaped really useless, virtually flat (as in just over a magazine depth) plastic circular (so magazines won't fit in them) pockets on the back of the caravan door. The only use I can think for them is to hang a bin off - and I really do need a bin!

I am hankering after a specific one I have seen but cannot remember where. :(

The one I want is has two hooky things of the back of it that hook over a pocket. Its plastic, kind of 18 inches tall (i think) and had a flat back with a semi circular shape to the front - bit like half a bucket. Unfortunately, the only ones I can find now actually screw to the door and I really don't want to put any more holes in the van.

Been using carrier bags up to now but most of them seem to have air holes in the bottom which is a bit of a pain when you put teabags in them and they gradually drip drip drip onto the rug! :oops: (even when they I use 2 bags!)

Can anyone help please?

p.s Thanks for the signature advice you were giving in another post Gillian - works a treat :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi wurz,

I have just fetched one from my loft still in box never used,but it is the screw in one,couldn't you adapt it fix hooks onto the back plate,just a thought if you or any one else wants it just pm me £5 plus p.p. Think they are about £15

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
wurz said:
Hi all.

p.s Thanks for the signature advice you were giving in another post Gillian - works a treat :D
Pleased to be of help.
The knowledge came from here about 14/15 months ago.
Steve A very wild wild camper gave me the knowhow.
A great guy. Very helpful.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Hymmi,

I did think about adapting one but then i'm a bugger for starting projects, buying all the bits and then leaving them all in the m/h garage for a rainy day. :roll:

Unfortunately ... when the rainy day comes, i don my wellies and splash in puddles or just sit gazing out the window at the storm! :oops:

However, if I am unsuccessful in my search for a hooky bin, I may well PM you to take you up on your offer of a cheap adaptable bin!!

Gillian, I remember Steve and I also remember a post about the signature on the old site, which is how I did it last time methinks. Just goes to show that you have a much better memory than me as I completely forgot everything i did and had to ask again ... whereas you just got straight down to business and rattled the info out like a pro :lol:

Is Steve's website still up and running? I don't have the URL any more and wouldn't mind taking a look.

OOO, just realised, thinking of old members, I think that 25 April was my one year anniversary of registering on MHF .. and to think I didn't celebrate 8O . May have to break open a bottle tonight 8)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it seems I have everyone stumped .. no one else has seen one of those hooky bins I am after . :(

It appears I may well have to get out my sticky back plastic and do a Blue Peter jobby on Hymmi's kind offer of a cheap bin .... last chance everyone....

·
Registered
565 Posts
wurz said:
Gillian, I remember Steve and I also remember a post about the signature on the old site,

Is Steve's website still up and running? I don't have the URL any more and wouldn't mind taking a look.
I remember that Steve bloke as well ;)

I wouldn't bother with his old website, why not try a new one via the link on the bottom of this post.

Okay, so you don't want to drill more holes. Take a look at your door, does it have an aluminium frame on the door with screws round the edge? If so, you could use those existing screws to hold a strip of metal (aluminium perhaps) across the door, on to which you could then secure your bin to that :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions Paulway and Marcleleisure.

I'm now off to look at MMM (luckily I bought it yesterday) and to check out to see if I have an aluminium surround as a back up plan. One of these ideas has got to be a go-er! :eek:

I tried to view your website Marcle but I just got 'The page cannot be displayed' so is the address correct? - http://tinyurl.co.uk/lpak

Ta

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MarcleLeisure_co_uk said:
I wouldn't bother with his old website, why not try a new one via the link on the bottom of this post.
Well .... wasn't expecting that Steve! :eek: That was just damn sneaky!! ha ha. Welcome back Mr Wild Wild camper!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.