Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
Deafness is individual like sight loss. We are all different and one prescription does NOT fit all.

Ray.
Nah, lots of blind people can hear perfectly Ray.

·
Premium Member
27,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ba---rd.

Grrrrrr.

·
Premium Member
31,731 Posts
That is 'sad' Baz. Personally we (I) can't watch a 2 hour film on a squitty laptop screen ever.
I need to feel in the action. And how people actually watch a film on a phone gawd only knows.

Ray.
If you stick your face 18 inches from the screen which is kind of how laptops work it's just the same! Modern hi Res laptops are pretty sharp these days and if you download a lot of stuff 1080p or even 720p is pretty sharp and of course a much smaller download requiring less bandwidth.

I watched the entire series 2 of the Outlaws since we have been away on my new phone in bed with headphones. The clarity of the picture and sound is amazing. I never thought I would enjoy it as even on a big phone it's small but it was so clear.

The TV is no longer the focal point.

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
Just clutching at straws here but our 9 year old 70" Sharp TV has had a colour malfunction. Soon after warming up it will distort the image as if one of the primary colours is missing and gives some horrible pictures on screen.

I have checked it's not an input or ariel and confirmed it's the same with any input or even no input at all. The menu is the same as are the menu screens.
So it is the actual TV at fault.
Ou
Any ideas or is a replacement the only option? Google suggests all the things I have tried.

Ray.
Do you have a Scart plug in the back of the TV for an external extension,? I don’t suppose so, but if you do give that a wiggle.

·
Premium Member
27,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks Jan but my initial post said ..............................................

I have checked it's not an input or ariel and confirmed it's the same with any input or even no input at all. The menu is the same as are the menu screens.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
Thanks Jan but my initial post said ..............................................

Ray.
So turn it off unplug from mains unplug everything and wait a few minutes, plug it in mains and all the other stuff then turn it on.
Failing that buy a new proper size TV.

·
Premium Member
22,820 Posts
The other thing is to give it 2 aspirin and if it’s not better, ring back in the morning…. 😃

I’m sure I have heard that mentioned before somewhere …..

·
Premium Member
27,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So turn it off unplug from mains unplug everything and wait a few minutes, plug it in mains and all the other stuff then turn it on.
Failing that buy a new proper size TV.
I have taken the TV and put it on the settee and blown out the vents and fluff as it seems to be OK for the first 30 or 40 mins. So I guess it's a heat problem like Dave mentioned.

I'm happy to buy a new and bigger one but all the other heathens say get a smaller one? Weird. I feel I need to remove it again and take the back off to investigate.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
It's not the same watching TV on a small screen once you have had a biggie I reckon.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
22,820 Posts
I have taken the TV and put it on the settee and blown out the vents and fluff as it seems to be OK for the first 30 or 40 mins. So I guess it's a heat problem like Dave mentioned.

I'm happy to buy a new and bigger one but all the other heathens say get a smaller one? Weird. I feel I need to remove it again and take the back off to investigate.

Ray.
If you do venture to do that;

1. unplug it,

2. leave it untouched for 30 minutes,

3 wear rubber gloves eg medical ones, once the back off

4. keep your screwdriver well clear of electronic components

Some things may store charge and only lose it after a considerable time, touching with a metal object could result in a multi-thousand volt shock. Not recommended for those of a nervous disposition, or those with a heartbeat.

We need to keep our members on here, so be careful…..

·
Premium Member
27,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I like BIG.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
27,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Smutty Jan. I like big engines, bank balances, TVs and monitors. Cakes, moules & frites, etc.

Ray.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts