Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Me Me Me .... :):cool:

Ray.

• Haha
Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Hi ray how about a couple of bangs on the top or take the back off and wiggle the valves

Seriously it probably time to be retired as repairs are to expensive

Barry

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm in the middle of that right now Barry. Swapped TVs over and now having to watch a squitty little 50" for now.
Just trying to work out how to prise off the back cover now all the screws are out (I think).
Not sure what I'm going to do when I eventually do get inside but try and check every plug and connection.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Now where do I start?

Ray.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
These modern TVs are made to conk out, nothing is made to last, it becomes more and more a throw away society.
My TV is a Panasonic plazma bought in 2007, when I went to my TV and all electrical shop and asked about a new TV for Netflix etc. the chap who has supplied all our stuff asked what was wrong with the TV I had, nothing says I, but I can’t get Netflix on it. He sold me a Fire Stick for 60is € or whatever price it was and came to install it. Don’t get that service from many shops these days.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Now where do I start?

Ray.
Firstly make sure its plugged in. Then stand in a bucket of water. Then start fiddling with the main lead where it joins the gubbins at the back. Oh and make sure Prue is spraying a fine mist of water over your had whilst it's in there.

Please video it and let us know how you get on... :)

No need to thank me (y)

• Sad
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Prue would be good with the water but not the video. But happy to poke and prod with power on as then you learn more.!!

Ray.

• Haha
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
31,731 Posts
Considering the French are very much into make do and mend is there not a little TV repair guy in Normandy in a little shop with a brown overall like there used to be here you could take it to Ray? Might be something simple.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Maybe Baz but they usually charge for a diagnosis and then say it's burgered. Buy a new one from us??

It's gone again.

Ray.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
What do you mean it’s gone again, gone where?

maybe the ing didn’t work and it should read ‘going‘

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The picture had 'gone' off colour again. So even repositioning all plugs and connections has made no difference. Must be a chip as Barry said.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Prodding about I have found one 'chip' on a board thats extremely hot to touch, unlike all the others. So looking up that board 6272A0-4441P is only £29 but of course out of stock. Grrrr
Always worth a small 'punt'.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Found it in Turkey and Russia 6272A0 - 4441P but not sure about getting it.

Ray.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts