Motorhome Facts Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Ha ha yes Baz. Looked on Youtube to get the back off and found plenty of tutorials to factory reset but not my specific problem. But as it seems this board was being sold by dozens of parts suppliers it does seem a weak link.
But again even in Turkey, Poland, Germany and UK they have all sold out. I have put my name on the UK site for as and when they get stock but won't hold my breath.

We are now using the 50" which initially my wife said was OK but it's pokey to me and if I can't repair the old one I will get a 75".

Will give Sharp UK a call monday or tuesday.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
31,731 Posts
Ha ha yes Baz. Looked on Youtube to get the back off and found plenty of tutorials to factory reset but not my specific problem. But as it seems this board was being sold by dozens of parts suppliers it does seem a weak link.
But again even in Turkey, Poland, Germany and UK they have all sold out. I have put my name on the UK site for as and when they get stock but won't hold my breath.

We are now using the 50" which initially my wife said was OK but it's pokey to me and if I can't repair the old one I will get a 75".

Will give Sharp UK a call monday or tuesday.

Ray.
Electronics are in massive short supply Ray. They say it's partly why motorhome and bike prices have shot up.

You seem to have the bit between your teeth with this one so go for it. I can tell you will be overjoyed if you fix it.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I have now decided it's not the 'board' I had assumed it was. As I moved the screen around on the table the image went back to perfect.!!! But as soon as I let go it reverted to distorted but only on the left side.
So as there are two ribbon connectors at the base for each side of the screen I feel thats now where the problem lies.

Calling Sharp UK this am got the response it's an outdated item? Yeah I know at 9 years. But she did give me their e-mail address to send pics and a description of the problem and I have received an acknowledgement. So maybe they can guide me to the other end of the ribbon connector in 24 hours?:)

Ray.

Reactions: barryd and JanHank

·
Premium Member
31,731 Posts
I've seen similar happen with ribbon connectors on laptops now you mention it Ray. If you can maybe get to both ends and see if you can reseat them. I'm no expert on electronic hardware though but I had similar when my last laptop screen hinges basically disintegrated. Another way to check if you are on the right lines would be to plug another monitor in if thats possible with a TV. If it works fine then it may well just be a ribbon thing. Hard to see why though if you don't move it about.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Yes, agreed Baz.
I can easily access one end of the ribbons at the circuit board but the other end disappears between the frame and screen. I would guess the whole assembly would have to be dismantled to access the other end. But nothing ventured nothing gained and I have little to lose but my sanity.

Ray.

Reactions: barryd

·
Premium Member
35,811 Posts
I bet the cathode Ray tube is fkt.

• Haha
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Need more positive input than that Alan. 📺

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Ha ha ha, on a 70" screen you could count them G.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy and GMJ

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Sadly Sharp don't have any more encouraging news. See below........................

"After looking at the images you have provided me, unfortunately it is either one of 2 things.
The TV will either need a software upgrade or this is the start of panel failure.
Unfortunately due to the age and size of the unit this would mean your TV would be beyond economical repair. The panel and parts for your TV are no longer manufactured.
We apologise for the disappointing news.
"

So will try to access the back of the screen and if that doesn't work it's for the 'bin'.

Ray.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
It's gone now and I am researching a new TV.
I am happy to buy a 75", 4K Smart TV with 3 HDMI and a centre stand.
But I can't see how the extra cost of QLED is justified. Looked online and ended up suitably confused.
So any pointers please?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
22,820 Posts
But I can't see how the extra cost of QLED is justified. Looked online and ended up suitably confused.
So any pointers please?

Ray.
Are you loking at the difference between QLED and OLED ?

This makes the difference slightly clearer, OLED is better for the black portion of your picture as they can literally just turn off,

Not sure whether that will help, but hope so.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thanks Dave. I did read that and didn't want to get into the differences between OLED and QLED but weather it was worth paying any more than for 4K.?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
This looks to be the best value for money at the moment. €720.00

LG 4K UHD, 75UP78006LB

Ray.

·
Premium Member
31,731 Posts
So any pointers please?

Ray.
Whaddya mean it's "gone"? Did you do a Barry? Take it to bits, get frustrated and take a hammer to it? ,🤣

·
Premium Member
27,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Close Baz. I tried everything within my capabilities and in the end bowed to popular comments to junk it.
So just bought the LG above. €720 or £648. It was on special for this week only.

Ray.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts