Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
There's been some heated exchanges of views regarding this and similar items for sale on e-bay. I think the previous one didn't purport to have an 80% cut off. if there is one on this device, how would it work?

I use gaslow, so don't need it and wouldn't touch it with barge pole. Also wouldn't like to be around a garage forecourt when somebody buggered up the connections & blew the place up. :?:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Oh no. Not this old chestnut again. :x :x

Boy, am I glad that we have a bulk gas tank. :roll:

I am not even going to attempt to find all the discussions on this blooming awful piece of equipment, even if it is different to the previous ones I have seen. For me, it's a non starter. Endex

Jock.

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
JockandRita said:
Oh no. Not this old chestnut again. :x :x

Boy, am I glad that we have a bulk gas tank. :roll:

I am not even going to attempt to find all the discussions on this blooming awful piece of equipment, even if it is different to the previous ones I have seen. For me, it's a non starter. Endex

Jock.
a bit like the gas attacks, height barriers, and Fiat reversing problems chestnuts? :roll: :arrow:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
A fantastic, well made piece of equipment that is easy and safe to use by those of us with a touch of common sense. I don't have the autofill version and neither would I want one since I still retain the ability to think for myself

This thread will soon descend into the standard farce with one side claiming that its use will signal the end of the known world even though they haven't even seen one and those of us who are simply to tired to respond. :roll:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes lots of negative stuff about these but I have used one for 18 months without any problem. I think the newer ones come with a non return valve. As long as you are careful they are fine. It's a bit daunting the first time you use a pump but there's a video on youtube (search: filling an LPG car in the UK).

I only ever fill empty ones and put 11 litres in a 6kg or 23 litres in a 13kg. Make sure the parts of the adapter are screwed together very tightly and that the adapter is screwed tightly onto the bottle otherwise you will loosen when twisting on the pump filler nozzle. Open the bottle before filling and close it before disconnecting the pump filler nozzle. Oh, and wear gloves otherwise the cold gas could burn you when connecting/disconnecting the pump filler nozzle.

If you are going to Europe, then you'll need the bayonet (UK) to claw (Euro) adapter to screw on the end.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes 52.9p a litre, so a 6kg (11 litres) is £5.82 a 13kg (23 litres) is £12.17.

Calor's prices are:
Calor 6kg refill = £16
Calor 13kg refill = £21.75

So a decent saving in the UK and you won't need to worry about refills overseas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.