Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

It's good to be back, well done to all those involved getting the site up and running, where would we be without it!!!

I am changing the truck to a Lunar A670R and was wondering if anyone has had any experiences good or bad with Lunar.

Look forward to the replies.

Brucer

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
We bought a Lunar Champ A 630 a month ago.
Problems so far
Water drains very slowy from kitchen sink
Been back to dealer with it, pipe trapped behind cooker.
Problem has improved but not right.
Lunar say it needs to go back again to be modified. Vent fitting to pipe.
Shower is more of a trickle and water pressure is generally poor.
Dealer says Lunar fit cheap pumps.
Oven temperature is same wherever control setting is, which is low.
Going back to dealer to have new oven fitted.

Lunar after sales service is a liitle on the poor side. Ask them a technical question and they are confused. They did not even know where the sink was in relation to hob and wardrobe. It appears the Champ is built in Belguim and shipped direct to dealer. People at Lunar in Preston (tech dept) have never even seen a Champ!

Other than that it seems fine and matches the standards that is reflected in the price. "Built to a budget"
If you want better quality you gotta pay the price.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Fogot to add. A friend of mine bought the same motorhome 2 weeks prior and has same problem with sink waster and water pressure.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Got a lunar champ in march, it's got great water pressure much better than our old van. Catches on table are pretty crappy though ours keeps tipping over which is not good when you're sleeping in it and you sink to the floor. Our oven is really good and also has a rotisserie whasit in it. We've phoned lunar a couple of times and found them to be quite helpful, will be phoning them in the next day or so to find out how to get into the corner lights so will let you know how we get on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have had a A630 for nearly a year and it has been great.

There has been one niggle, the small table has a faulty leg. The leg has now been on order for 10 months.

In Newbury I had a little chat with Eric the Sales director from Lunar and he is now going to do something about it. Seems that last year there were more people than Motorhomes hence the cavalier attitude of a lot of dealers but now the tide has turned so perhaps now we will receive a better service.

My dealer replaced the water pump before we took delivery and fitted a better pump. He said in the PDI the water pressure was not good so sorted it, he also fitted a telly table in the back at no extra charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.