Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe Camping Kockelscheuer, a municipal campsite, is about 1km south of Luxembourg. However despite a couple of emails and even trying to call them am unable to make contact. Their website says the site is open from Easter to October and we were hoping to use the site for a couple of days while visiting Luxembourg City.

Has anybody stopped here and more importantly do they know whether it is still operating, or possibly in these lean times the city has closed the site?

If the site is closed any ideas where we could stay close proximity to the city?

Thanks

Ian

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Can be a wee bit noisy from the planes, mind you as a closet planespotter I loved it.

Closed at lunch for two hours if I remember correctly so ensure you arrive just before or after, think it's noon-2pm

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Stayed at Diekirch - from there it's a cheap trainride to Lux City, saves driving all the way down to the south if not going that way.

Reactions: DBSS

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Can be a wee bit noisy from the planes, mind you as a closet planespotter I loved it.

Closed at lunch for two hours if I remember correctly so ensure you arrive just before or after, think it's noon-2pm
Yes, there's a strict 2 hour lunch break - We fell into that trap.

We waited in the sport's centre overflow parking directly adjacent the campsite and found we could use the campsite's wi-fi whilst having our lunch. :eek:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally manage to contact them but unfortunately in high season, which is the day we start our travels, you cannot book a pitch for one night, its a case of turn up and see what is available. Oh well...will give it some thought...but thanks for all replies.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
finally manage to contact them but unfortunately in high season, which is the day we start our travels, you cannot book a pitch for one night, its a case of turn up and see what is available. Oh well...will give it some thought...but thanks for all replies.
We stayed during high season for one night, showed up just after lunch with no issues. It did fill up quite quickly later on in the day

·
Registered
532 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.