Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"M6 Toll" No problem but charges have gone up again !!!!
+50p cars --I dont know the others yet. 8O

Bramley

·
Registered
203 Posts
I said this would happen.
and if they make money from it we can expect other toll roads but without alternative routes

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Hear, hear, motorhomer!

I'll happily repeat that this country is becoming a nasty, money-grubbing, insular society :x . I just wish the powers-that-be would stop wasting the money they're given in taxation, then extra taxes like this insidious little 'earner' (for whatever consortium of companies were allowed to build the M6 Moneybox) wouldn't be necessary.

Taxes are fine if well-spent. Government waste is what should be tackled. It's just too easy to tax the people. :evil:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Hello

The trouble with this toll as we saw was making sure you didnt shoot up it by nmistake as my daughter did. Fortunately she was on business so her workplace picked up the bill. Being forwarned we were very careful not to shoot onto it by mistke.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
320 Posts
Don't talk to me about the M6 toll... Classes 3m tall motor home as Van class - not car, apparently the tolling computer does it on height but when challenged nobody could tell me the basis of how it is done!

Outrageous... I had major sense of humour failure.

David

·
Registered
96 Posts
Toll Charge M6

Hi there,

I am not very familiar with the M6 Motorway, so could you tell me where the toll is chargable? I will be travelling up this road in my motorhome next week to Scotland. Be very grateful for any information you could give.

"Take care out there"

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
:D I don't think you need to worry welshman. It is only the M6 By-pass around Birmingham that is effected. :wink:

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I know i'm 4 months late replying to this but i have only just seen it .I was travelling down the A38 near Lichfield going towards the M42 and the road was closed,i had no choice but to drive onto the toll road, within 1/2 mile i had to go through a pay station it cost me £12.00 to travel approx 4 miles to the M42 WHAT A RIP OFF!!!!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
M6 TOLL ROAD CHARGES UP -----

There has been news that the building of M6 Western Orbital Route is being reconsidered.
This was planned then shelved after protests and government cut-backs.
Who would like to bet that this will be built as another toll road?
The rot has started and will not stop untill all motorways are toll roads.
Ray

·
Registered
862 Posts
I live just north of the M6 toll road but venture that way to gas up (LPG) it always makes me smile when I see the large illuminated signs displaying,

TOLL ROAD NO CONGESTION :?

Of course it's always clear no bugger uses it,even less now the prices have gone up £2.50 for a motorbike? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
What happens if you mistakenly get up to the toll booths (without first travelling the length of the toll bit) and are unwilling/unable to pay? Is there any "escape route" or method of turning you back?

·
Registered
26 Posts
DO NOT USE THE M6 TOLL - it is the thin end of wedge that will see us paying for all roads in this country by the mile at ten times the current cost of motoring.

If it were free, it would be a good road and it would have solved the M6 Birmingham congestion problems. But the government knows better!

Nigel

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I'm cynical enough to believe that this would be a Government response to a plea by the Toll Road Company that their M6 stretch hasn't been as profitable as they envisaged. Cause massive congestion so that motorists are almost forced to use the damned toll road.

If this M6 toll road is not financially viable, and there's public opposition to it, what hope will there be for private companies to start other toll road schemes? This is not what the Government wants at all.

It's a similar trick to one that Ken Livingstone used in Central London, to make his "Congestion Charge" appear to work better than it would otherwise have done. He re-phased traffic lights, causing enormous tail-backs, then put them right again after his "Congestion Charge" had been introduced. Hey Presto! No congestion after his scheme started.

Highway robbery??? Dick Turpin was an amateur compared to this lot! :evil:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.