Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an unusual flashing red light on my dash which after some online investigation I discovered that the 'AUTO gearbox is overheating.'
Given that my 2004 Peugeot Boxer Starquest has a MANUAL gearbox and this light flashes on immediately on turning on the ignition I wonder if anyone could throw a light on what the problem could be.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive parking light Automotive tire

Thank you for your interest
This is a pic of the offender (not shown flashing ) it looks a bit like a bonnet or boot open warning but investigation shows it to be related to automatic gearbox overheating
The motorhome has passed recent MOT and the garage cannot find a fault on their diagnostic system. All lights lamps etc operate as they should
Len

Registered
Hi, although i can not provide a definite on this problem i can move it on a bit further, Fiat comfortmatic gearbox was launched August 2007 this is a conventional manual gearbox robotized with servos and bolt on goodies brake/clutch fluid with gearbox oil of EP 80 it did not have the conventional torque convertor with scalding hot automatic [ red colour ] transmission fluid ATF, my guess is as was usual practice vehicle harnesses and binnacle displays included all connections for the whole model range ,the comfortmatic proceeded a conventional 3 speed autobox your vehicle would have been assembled with the binnacle which would have provided a warning should the conventional automatic gearbox fluid ATF become too hot that is the reason conventional modern autos have an oil cooler usually built into the cooling system radiator. The light in question is receiving a voltage could be from anywhere make sure every thing is working , check dont remove brake and clutch switches, explore Mutiecuscan free version not the latest as it will not have earlier chassis , and just too close i have witnessed cars running with keys completely removed from ignition caused by a double filament tail light bulb, good luck.

Premium Member
Suggest that you try here

A wealth of information and very helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts