Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do members manage if a medical problem has been undiagnosed but declared to an insurance company. We are still waiting some results but have been told that we can be insured but NOT for the still undiagnosed problem.

What I would like to know is:-
do you confess to all,
have you been caught out if not declaring a problem and ,
we were told by nursing staff to hide some words on the discharge note, photocopy it and send it to insurance firm. Not happy with the latter I must say.

Anyone any experience of travel / medical insurance. We are already insured for the van with a good company and were extending the insurance with the same company to get medical cover.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
We had this situation last year. We were absolutely upfront with the insurance company ( Churchill ) and phoned them with all the details and letters. They initially said they would charge us extra on the normal quote but in the event did not.

My advice is tell them EVERYTHING. Your insurance will be invalid if you have to claim and you covered something up.

G.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
chrisgog said:
How do members manage if a medical problem has been undiagnosed but declared to an insurance company. We are still waiting some results but have been told that we can be insured but NOT for the still undiagnosed problem.

What I would like to know is:-
do you confess to all,
have you been caught out if not declaring a problem and ,
we were told by nursing staff to hide some words on the discharge note, photocopy it and send it to insurance firm. Not happy with the latter I must say.

Anyone any experience of travel / medical insurance. We are already insured for the van with a good company and were extending the insurance with the same company to get medical cover.
We are having similar problems. If you dont declare something and you are taken ill they have ways & means of finding out and then they will invalidate your insurance and you wont be covered for anything. George has a hernia which somehow was never sent for. As he isnt too bothered and its been there for 10 years we did genuinely forget all about it. Got a qoute then remembered it and like good honest folk went back & declared it. They then didnt want to give a quote at all. I declared a condition but didnt include something I should have. £8 loading until I went back having now been for a check up. Loading went up to 123 quid.

We tried the RAC as a club member and got a qoute. Asked about pre existing conditions and they dont need declaration at all so no fear of not including something you should have. As far as we can see the only stipulation is you visit your dr and get checked over BP medication etc & get the Dr to enter on their records that he has told there is no reason why you shoudnt travel. Waiting for the quote in writing with a copy of pros cons etc but I expect we will insure with them for an annual policy. Price is much of a muchness with other qoutes but no fear of misinforming.

Vehicle recovery breakdown is not much extra. You als have a choice of two levels of cover.

CC & europe assistance wouldnt insure for georges hernia even though the dr says its highly unlikely to be a problem.

Hope that helps

Moroehomer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.