Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Microwave ovens

1258 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  AberdeenAngus
Very interesting read in the Caravan Club newsletter, today. I am sure we are all aware that microwaves surge the electricity hook up supply and in some cases trip. I expect like myself, many of you have "hooked up" only to find the switch has been tripped, and the offender, moved to another pitch!!!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Haven't read the article, but microwave ovens are too dangerous for motorhome or caravan use. Most are incorrectly ventilated, the constant vibration from the moving vehicle can cause the door seal to break down and the power supply on site is so unstable that you could easily poison yourself.
Gerry
Haven't read the article either

We have been using microwaves for over 20 years in first caravans and latterly motorhomes. Many of the caravan microwaves were fitted by the manufacturer.

Personaly I have never had a problem with microwaves and can't recollect ever tripping a fuse on sites.

I have wondered about it shaking around in a motorhome but haven't experienced any issues so far.
GerryD said:
and the power supply on site is so unstable that you could easily poison yourself.
Gerry
:lol:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.