Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi chrisgog

We have an A/S Luxor EB (end bed) - 1 year now

Very satisfied with it. What would you like to know.

It's nice to be able to get totally rata***d and just fall into a made up bed - or fall out of it if you sleep in the double above the cab without the safety net.

Seriously, they have everything you could possibly need as standard.

We added a Thatcham cat 1 Toad - Becker Sat Nav and a reversing camera which has proved absolutely invaluable when reversing at night into tight spaces.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Trecker,
Must say I was impressed at Newbury when I went in the A/S LUXOR van with the long bench layout. Our next van must have forward facing seats but a permanent bed and lounging seats.. The drop down bed looks great. Do you have that in your model and is it comfy.
Is there a loud engine noise when on the road?
How does insurance on an A class compare to a coach build and is road tax etc the same. We currently have a coachbuilt but were impressed with a friends A class mobiviletta.

Totally shocked at the Marquis stand to find out that the Luxor was auto sleeper. They are changing I must admit.

Chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok lets take it one at a time

The drop down bed works on hydraulics and can be moved with one hand - sort of.

It is also more comfortable in our van anyway than the rear one.

The engine is not overly noisy - sound proffing is fairly good.

It has a 2.8 TDi diesel and will sit on the motorway at 85 if you want it to - dont recomend it though - fuel drops fairly rapidly.

On average getting 35 mpg.

As we had three other cars already on the road i had to take insurance from scratch.

The only company that i could find that would touch anything over £35K was Saga.

No quibble no special items required not even security but the full years premium at zero no claims discount was £1300.

Dropped this year on year 2 to £900

Road tax is as for a car.

The luxor has the added advantage of a built in Generator run on LPG so you effectively have three cylinders and power wherever you go.

I do think the Luxor is a bit pricey but to be quite honest the build quality is certainly worthy of the price.

Air con - fridge freezer - generator - expelair - smoke alarm - 2 x double beds - shower - toilet - wash basin - 4 ring cooker with grill and oven - gas central heating - electric emersion - captains chairs - 2 x table surfaces with three different fixed layouts for the small circular one - all this as standard.

The tv ariel is crap - we bought a three pole extension for a normal arial and attach it to the top of the ladder at the rear with hand grips - works a treat.

I have written a full colour manual with photos as the one that A/S supplied didn't give half the detail required to operate the van with no experience.

The learning curve has been steep.

A lot of questions were answered from this site - Thanks Guys and Gals.

Have i missed anything?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Trecker,
It's good to gain information about various vans. I think if we went for yours or Mirage then it would probably be one thats a few years old. You never know though?
chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a Autosleeper Luxor EK on a 03' plate.....all I can say it's a great A CLASS Motorhome......we are very happy with it......
Anything you want to know please let me know, I will gladly answer all questions relating to the above. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.