Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was down Spain in July this year and the heat build-up in the van got very uncomfortable, as I have fitted 2x130 watt solar panels which give off about 14amps in this sort of weather and 4x100ah batteries, would this run a 925watt 240 volt mobile aircon unit through the inverter?
Would the inverter need to be pure sine wave?
Does anyone use mobile A/C and how good are they?

many thanks in advance
Ken

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dave,
thanks for that, when I said mobile A/C what I probably should have said was free standing A/C unit.
What voltage is your roof A/C and how many watts is it and how many amps would that take
Ken

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
thanks everyone for that, it sounds like the evaporative A/C unit as suggested by AberdeenAngus could be the answer. (including the nakedness).
Does anyone use one of these and how good do they find it please.
Ken

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Mike,
yes you are right, we went down in April and started to make our way back beginning of July, which we usually do as the weather starts to get really hot and the tourists arrive, but I just thought with all that unused power, could it be used to make the van more comfortable, especially for Jasmine, even though she was naked she was still panting and I had to spray her with water.
(The things we do for our dogs.)
Ken

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Silvasurfer,
we love Portugal, spent 4 months touring the coast of Portugal and southern coast of Spain, all wildcamping apart from one week on Faro island which cost about 10 euro, SUPERB.
Ken

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A/C

Hi C,
thanks for that, we do use the water spray and it does help a little.
My van is a hymer and well insulated, if I keep the sun out it takes a long while for the van to get hot inside but once it gets hot its difficult to cool it down again, I just thought if I could run an A/C for say 1 hour it might just lower the temp a bit.
I would be interested to know what the formular is for converting the 240 volt figures, amps/watts etc to 12 volt figures when run through an inverter.
Probably the visit to the pool is the best answer.
many thanks
ken

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A/C

Hi Olly thanks for that, I presume when you use the A/C you are on EHU, so does the EHU on sites give you enough amps to run the A/C or do you use a genny
Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.