Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know what the answer is gonna be as I have checked the various websites for area coverage for different provider dongles but ......... has anyone had any luck with a mobile dongle anywhere in the area between west of Bideford and Clovelly (sort of the A39 area)??

We're going to spend a week soon down at Stearts Farm campsite and they haven't got wifi so I could be facing withdrawal symptoms and doing "cold turkey" for a week!! 8O 8O :cry: :cry:

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
141 Posts
Chris, probably not much help but, in pre-dongle days when using an O2 pcmcia card I never had a problem in Devon or Cornwall. Obviously in those days it was only a GPRS signal so I cannot help with the likes of '3' who now only provides a '3G' service.

I would think that if you had an account with O2, Vodafone etc then you should get a signal, at a minimum of a 56K GPRS connection, in most of Devon. 56K should tide you over, not nearly as fast as 3G but is normally slow but more stable, in fact it could be refreshing if you are accustomed to the '3' drop offs.

Cheers, Roger

·
Registered
141 Posts
Chris, probably not much help but, in pre-dongle days when using an O2 pcmcia card I never had a problem in Devon or Cornwall. Obviously in those days it was only a GPRS signal so I cannot help with the likes of '3' who now only provides a '3G' service.

I would think that if you had an account with O2, Vodafone etc then you should get a signal, at a minimum of a 56K GPRS connection, in most of Devon. 56K should tide you over, not nearly as fast as 3G but is normally slow but more stable, in fact it could be refreshing if you are accustomed to the '3' drop offs.

Cheers, Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.