Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local police force (Thames Valley) are urging people to register their mobile phone IMEI number at the following site:

www.immobilise.co.uk

(The National Mobile Phone Register)

The 15 digit IMEI number can be found under the battery or on some phones by keying in: *#06# The service is free.

Given that many ( most ?) of us now carry a phone in the van and they are more vulnerable to theft perhaps, this seems a possible way to get them back if they are stolen or lost.

G.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Also though this gives the Gov the ability to track you by your phone, many many phones are anonymous. BTW say you are with Orange on a Non Pay as you go Phone the gov can track you straight away because Orange already have the number, Just a thought.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frankly George the government would find my life incredibly boring so they are welcome to track me if they like !

( And my phone is off 90% of the time - so boring is the life I lead that only family have the number)

G.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Unfortunately IMEI numbers can be changed fairly easily on a number of phones so not a great deal of point really.

Like most things software/firmware related it doesn't take long before the criminal element have it sussed

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.