Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Anybody point us in the direction of a nice site for 3 day midweek break beginning of June, not much in the C.C Book, Coastal preferred need to get fit so taking bikes!!(it`s always flatter on the coast!)

Many thanks Dave.......

·
Registered
421 Posts
I visit Morecambe often. Have stayed on Venture but much prefer Glenn which is about a hundred yards further west, towards prom, on Westgate, on opposite side. Small site with a few statics and seasonal caravans within easy distance of shopping centre and sea. Ring 01524 423896. Currently charging £8.50 plus £2 electric. All usual facilities.

There is not much to chose between the two, neither are scenic but both are central and Glenn is, I think, quite a bit cheaper. If you want a fairly secluded spot on Glenn ask if there is space on the "paddock", the area used for winter storage.

If you use either of these walk up Westgate past the fire station to the local shopping parade and eat in, or take away, at the chip shop, great. About 10 min walk.

There are plenty of coastal sites on the way out of Morecambe towards Carnforth but I haven't tried them. Most other sites in Morecambe are big with lots of statics,

You can now legally cycle on the prom, about a 10 mile round trip end to end. If thats to far halve the journey by going left to Heysham village or right to Happy Mount Park past the newly refurbished Midland Hotel and Eric Morecambe statue. Heysham is well worth a visit, nice pub in village doing good food. You can also cycle right into the centre of Lancaster along cycle paths.

Perhaps you need more than 3 days - Morecambe is much maligned in the media, I love it!

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.