Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been covered before, but for new visitors.

What is the most useless this in your van, what have you been carrying about for years and never used (spouse dose not count)?

We have an iron and ironing board and the board is still in its plastic wrapper after two years.

Ralph

·
Registered
96 Posts
The most useless item in the van

Yes, you are right. We too have an iron which is still in the plastic bag. We also have 4 torches, three of which are still in their bags. The wife calls them her "what if items" I have tried to reduce the amount we carry, but for some reason, returning from a rally or RV show, we seem to have accumulated even more. The only thing we don't carry is a fire beater and being an ex-fireman, I am very suprised she hasn't thought of that one yet.!!!! What's this all about?

"Take care out there"

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
Hi
I think it has to be the shower in the toilet cubicle....I think it may have been a great idea by someone who has never used one.....

mike

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
The two brand-new hot water bottles, taken for winter camping when I was convinced we would freeze to death at night but in fact we were always so warm that we were looking for ways to be a bit cooler !

G.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
:lol:
For me it has to be the oven - a beautiful piece of equipment in a home kitchen, but totally useless and taking up space in a motorhome. Come on - how many of you actually bake cakes, or do a full oven roast when out and about? We find 4 burner hob and grill more than sufficient, and oven becomes storage space!
saluti - eddied.

·
Registered
15 Posts
too much stuff!

How about the following compulsory items of equipment:
2x breakdown triangles - never used
2x reflective jackets - only used at weird parties
first aid kit - always forget that it's there
wheel brace/jack - no chance of lifting 3½ tonnes
hazard warning flasher switch
spare bulb kit
moisturiser
spare moisturiser
special moisturiser
sewing kit

&, come to think of it;
too many plates, mugs, spoons, widgets that may come in handy one day, bits that have fallen off & are awaiting re-fitting, fruit bowl, shoes, portable genset. Enough for now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lol Eddie

Ours came with directions for alll sorts of dishes Roast Lamb to Fruitcake.
Did see an article where they cooked Christmas Turkey in the van hmmm wondered about the turkey cury, turkey pancakes etc.

Seriously we do use ours (well I don't) for oven chips, ready made curries etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.