Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My autortail Miami motorhome is PLG group. What group of MOT is required and how much will it cost?.
ALFG :?: :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Our Swift Kontiki 660 is in the Class IV group (stated on current MOT certificate), is registered as Private HGV on registration document, I suspect because of its weight/length but I stand to be corrected! MOT fee will be no more than £54 (that's the maximum fee that can be charged at the moment). I suspect that some MOT test centres might charge a little less depending on their current financial circumstances. Ours is booked in for an MOT on 5th June but I forgot to ask the cost when I booked it this morning!! Doh!! :oops:

Cheers

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
As mike said...

When I had my mot a month ago the mechanic told me its the same as a car once its on the Ramp.
I'm only quoting what I was told & I was charged £54:00 for the Test.

Phil

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Test Class IV at my local garage is £39.95 and if you book two tests (2 vehicles with the second test within 6 months) they only charge £19.95 for the second.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes, they are class IV but the limiting factor is the facilities of the MOT station. Our doors are too low to get some of the higher vehicles through and then the lift/ramp/pit jacks have to be able to lift the weight of the vehicle.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Timetraveller
That is trade price and any station can charge what they like as there is no set fee.
I use it all the time and assure you that it is certainly done properly.
There is also a cheap one in Cheltenham run by "blind Nigel" as he is known

Wyn

·
Registered
989 Posts
We used the council depot near Dorchester in Dorset, due to the length and weight. Cost us £47 .

"£25 ? That's incredibly cheap. Makes me wonder whether it's being done properly. I'll bet the testing authority wouldn't like it if they knew."

Vosa charge a small fee to the testing station to carry out the test, but they have a recommended price(Max price) the tester can charge you . This is why you often see adverts for Mots at varying prices or even offered free with a major service.
Lin

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MOT PRICE

tHANKS BLUE SKY
which mot group 4 or 7
ALFG

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MOT PRICE

tHANKS BLUE SKY
which mot group 4 or 7
ALFG

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.