Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Our Swift Kontiki 660 (04 reg) is due it's MOT by the middle of next month. It will be the first one since we bought it so can anyone in the same area as us (Rugby - ish) recommend a MOT test centre for Class IV vehicles? Any guidance will be appreciated.

Ta muchly

Chris and Brenda

P.S. Hope I've stuck this in the right sub forum!!?? :oops: :oops: :?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Chris and Brenda

We live in Bedworth and I use Nuneaton council depot for my MOT, they only do Mots , check with Rugby council to see if their depots do Mots.

Chris and Brenda

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D :D 2 x Chris and Brenda, 2 x Motorhomes, 2 x Warwickshire, always said that Warwickshire has the best of everything!! :lol: :lol: :wink: Now where's me tin hat and I'll head off to the bunker!! :p :p :wink:

Cheers

Chris and Brenda

P.S. Thanks Jacqui for the Sydenham pointer - I know the Spa garage very well and had forgotten that they can do Class IV MOT's! :oops:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi There

Save your derv and use Noden Truck Centre, 3 Avon Industrial Estate, Buttlers Leap, Rugby, 01788 579535.

They have a pit and did my 747 last month.

This is not from Chris and Brenda!! But I do live in Rugby.

Dick

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dick,

Thanks for the info - I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see about booking our Kontiki in at the beginning of June. Out of interest, how long did the test take, did you wait or drop the 747 off and go back for it later? I assume that you are happy with the service that they provided?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
152 Posts
Chris

No problem with Nodens. Dropped the van off and disappeared for a burger at the greasy spoon round the corner came back in 35 mins, waited for another 10 or so and we were done (make sure you explain the alarm/immomiliser if fitted).

I have asked them to grease the ALKO Chassis and they quoted £20.00 all in so I will be back the next week or two for that. So you could say I am happy.

Can't remember what I paid but it was less than the standard price. Offered cash on a Friday, works every time!!

Regards

Dick

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dick,

That sounds right up my street (so to speak!). Good excuse for taking a half day TOIL from work on a Friday as well. The last motorhome we had (which was our first) was a Burstner A530 Active. That had it's MOT at Imperial Commercials who used to be in Warwick. As I work in Kenilworth, it was ideal to drive to Warwick in the Burstner, drop it off, then get a lift back to Kenilworth and vice versa to pick it up later in the day. Imperial have now relocated to Wellesbourne and have not yet had their VOSA inspection etc to resume the MOTs, so Noden Truck Centre it will be!! :D :D Thanks once again for the info and the quick reply - I appreciate it and it's what makes this a great forum to be part of. \:D/ :wav:

Cheers

Chris

P.S. If I am feeling really confident on the day, I might even drag the TOAD down behind me and nip off round the corner to The Table Table pub for a quick lemonade or two!.......... There again, I might not! 8O 8O

·
Registered
152 Posts
Na Tommy Cross my local, proper pub, just beer and more of it got me in trouble many a time!!!! None of this fancy food stuff, I would have said audorfs but I can't spell that!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dick1234 said:
Na Tommy Cross my local, proper pub, just beer and more of it got me in trouble many a time!!!! None of this fancy food stuff, I would have said audorfs but I can't spell that!!
Neither can I! :lol: :oops: Good ol' Tommy Cross eh? That brings back a few harrowing memories from yesteryear! Unfortunately we live the other side of Rugby so we don't normally get over that way anymore but now that you have mentioned it, we might give it a visit one weekend!

When we do go out for the odd meal/drink it does tend to be at a country pub now as we feel Rugby Town centre is a bit too "lively" in the evenings! :wink:

Anyway, MOT now booked with Noden's, on a Friday!! :D :D

Cheers

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.