Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are looking for a motorhome, and would love to view some to get an idea on layouts, etc, but I live in kent and cannot really find many places that have them in their showrooms, does anyone know of any motorhome dealer or showroom near Kent, Essex, Surrey or London area which stocks loads of motorhomes, if we are going to travel to see them we would rather go somewhere with loads on show, and we are really struggling, most only stock around 30. Thank you Natalie

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Hello Natalie and a warm welcome to MotorhomeFacts. I hope your stay with us is a long and pleasant one!

The problem with the Kent and South-East area generally might be down to the fact that TWO major players have just closed down, although one did say they were 'mothballing' their dealership.

One of the subscribing members on this site is, in fact, a dealership near Hastings. JohnsCrossMotors is a Swift and Autocruise dealership and can be found here...

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/

By all accounts, this company has won many awards and prides itself on customer service.

If you are serious about motorhoming and you want to know more, it would pay you to subscribe to this site. By subscribing for £10, you will be able to SEARCH for answers that already exist, you would get your money back through one of the many discounts which are given to subscribers, you would be able to exchange Private Messages with other subscribers...

There is a great depth and range of expertise and experience on here for you to enjoy.

You could also Google for motorhome and Leisure shows and visit some of them. But, whatever you might do, don't make any rash decisions... let the brain make the decisions, not the heart... :roll: :lol:

I wish you well with your searching...

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Re: motorhome dealers, where are they????

ethnatkev said:
hello, we are looking for a motorhome, and would love to view some to get an idea on layouts, etc, but I live in kent and cannot really find many places that have them in their showrooms, does anyone know of any motorhome dealer or showroom near kent, essex, surrey or london area which stocks loads of motorhomes, if we are going to travel to see them we would rather go somewhere with loads on show, and we are really struggling, most only stock around 30, thankyou natalie
Hi Natalie,

Your welcome to come and have a browse, we have not got hundreds but a fair few and Andy is a 'practising' motor home owner of many years, so he knows a thing or two by now.

Happy hunting

Peter

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Hi,
We are new to this too but found that going to the Peterborough show was a brilliant introduction. Loads of dealers were there and too many vans for my poor little legs to trot round all of them!

We got to lounge in vans and consider their pros and cons without any hassle from sales staff, but the dealers were more than happy to answer any questions.

We had a day ticket and that was enough. Have a look on here and see when the next show is. It'll be worth the trip if it's like Peterborough.

Lesley

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your prompt replies, I will see if I can find a show on and go there, but I will deifinetely take a trip to east sussex to have a look, thankyou natalia

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Kent dealers

There's a small dealers at Bluebell Hill - Kent Motorhomes Centre - on the A229. No big dealers in Kent now.#

BCS is another small dealer - down at Herne Bay.

Joe and Denise

G

·
Natalie, living in Kent you may have more wish/need go into Greater London than some of us further north. In which case watch out for the LEZ. In practice this means that any MH older than about 2001 is unlikely to meet the emmissions requirements. If this is the case, it will prove to be VERY expensive in fines/fees etc.
If you spot a van that you like, and you think it might be border line, check the reg no. at the site given below before you purchase. I am not saying do not buy but be aware of the implications.

lezlondon.tfl.gov.uk/lez/vehicles/default.aspx

Enjoy your new hobby and welcome to the forum.
Tco

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,632 Posts
That link didn't work, hopefully this one will :black:

Low Emission Zone, Enter Reg No Here

I hope you get the message box below.

"Not subject to LEZ - Based on the information you have entered and information held by Transport for London (TfL), the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) does not apply to this vehicle. As long as the vehicle remains not subject to the LEZ the daily charge does not have to be paid for this vehicle when it is used in the zone.

Emissions classification for these dates is based on the Vehicle Type and the age of the vehicle."

I still don't trust them, not to send me a bill though.

Kev.

PS if you're not on the list of compliant vehicles, these are your options

Available options

If your vehicle is not listed on TfL's database as compliant (ie meets the required emissions standards), there are a number of options available to you:

Certify your engine emissions
Some Euro II and a few Euro I certified vehicles registered before 1 October 2001 may have sufficiently low particulate matter emissions that they will meet the required emissions standards for 2008 without modification. You will need to check the Eligible Engines List and have the vehicle certified at the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA).
If your vehicle is registered outside Great Britain you will need to provide TfL with evidence that your vehicle has an eligible engine.
Modify your vehicle
Possible modifications include fitting pollution abatement equipment or a gas conversion. All modifications will need to be certified by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) or an equivalent authorised body if your vehicle is registered outside of Great Britain.
Check for discounts and exemptions
Register with TfL if your vehicle is eligible for either a discount or an exemption.
Register with TfL
All vehicles registered outside of Great Britain will have to be registered with TfL if they meet the LEZ emissions standards and are to be used within the zone.
Replace your vehicle
Use a newer vehicle which meets the LEZ emissions standards.
Reorganise your fleet
Plan ahead so that only vehicles which meet the LEZ emissions standards are used within the zone.
Pay the daily charge
If you have no other option, pay the daily charge for each day you drive within the LEZ.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,632 Posts
Apparently it doesn't apply to vehicles less than 3.5t for now, I started a post (giving you credit for the link) and Mavis (Lococvan) put me straight.

Post is LEZ ??????????

Kev.:black:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.