Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you will be glad to hear that all the efforts to build the campsite database were not in vain. Its all back up and running, the only issue is that some of the photos from the last week or two before the crash are missing, so can you please check any entries you submitted and if the photo is missing then please amend if possible or otherwise send me the matching photo.

If your username is the same as before the crash you "should" be able to edit the entry 8O i think ;)

I have also amended the add function slightly, it no longer allows you to enter special characters in the campsite name such as & * ! ^ etc and it will exchange any spaces for underscores _ this is to prevent the errors caused by these strange names

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Can I get on with hustling for campsite discounts now or should I wait until we have built up a few more members and there are discount options on the database :?:

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
nukeadmin said:
If your username is the same as before the crash you "should" be able to edit the entry 8O i think ;)
Well, almost! :wink:

Issue seems to be that my nickname is "Boff", and the old forum seemed not to accept uppercase letters, so it made "boff" out of it. So all my entries are back (Great!), but I can't edit them.

Can you do something here?

Best Regards,
Gerhard

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Issue seems to be that my nickname is "Boff", and the old forum seemed not to accept uppercase letters, so it made "boff" out of it. So all my entries are back (Great!), but I can't edit them.

Can you do something here?
yes i think i should be able to i will look tmrw morning Boff and get back to you :)

I cannot find a way to get the pic back on 481
Does it let you modify the entry, i cant remember if i added in the ability to add photos when modifying. If not just email it to me and i'll add it

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
nukeadmin said:
ok Boff or is that boff ;) all sorted i think ;)
should be able to use Boff or boff now it converts all usernames and usernames from the db into lowercase so should let you edit.

Try it out and let me know
Hi Dave,

sorry, but it does not work yet. :(
Same error message.

Best Regards,
Gerhard

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
nukeadmin said:
ok Boff or is that boff ;) all sorted i think ;)
should be able to use Boff or boff now it converts all usernames and usernames from the db into lowercase so should let you edit.

Try it out and let me know
Hi Dave,

still the same problem. Message is:
"Hello Boff
You did not submit this entry,it was submitted by boff and therefore you are not allowed to modify it, if you think there is an error
Contact the person who added this entry"

I would really like to update some of my old entries, but just can't. :(

Is there anything you can do?

Best Regards,
Gerhard

P.S: Great that all the old posts are back again!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.