Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a little game we have invented (If riding in your goddess is not exitement enough!)

1 point for spotting a MH (You shout "VAN" at the top of your voice)

Double points (2) if they wave (You can get frantic waving at them if you need the points)

-2 points if you miss call (for delivery vans etc also includes horse boxes and such like)

-5 points if you miss call and its an ambulance

You cant call if they are in a MH dealers or on a site though - that counts as a miss call.

Have fun

A

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they dont wave back you just get the one point - the waving is a bonus

If they are in a drive they count as 1 point just like if you pasted them

Just to split the topic I seem to have noticed that we have joined the 'other' road users, by that I mean everything that ISNT a car or toy4x4 or MPV. Do you seem to get knowing friendlier tips of the finger as you let a bus or van through? or am I just paranoid?

·
Registered
28 Posts
waving

my son who sit's in the fron't only when i take him back to university goes all shades of red when i wave back to other vans dad he said stop it ?hey i say me and your mother do this all the time it's something you just have to do .on the other hand when i am in our car it feels strange not to wave as my arm just goes into wave mode and i have to hold back keep on flashing that's what i say ....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
apasher said:
Do you seem to get knowing friendlier tips of the finger as you let a bus or van through? or am I just paranoid?
no, I don't think that you're paranoid. buses and vans are more likely to let you in as well I think. On the other hand I often think we must be invisible the number of cars that pull out and cut me up in the process!!
If I really was white van man they'd be crunched against a wall by now :twisted: :evil:

Good job I always feel more relaxed driving the van, in less of a hurry somehow.

8)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Debs is catching up on me so I have refined the scoring

ADENDUM:

Pictures of MH's IN MAGAZINES DO NOT COUNT

Your own MH DOES NOT COUNT

·
Registered
97 Posts
Waving

Caz,
I have the same problem as my La Strada looks like a White Van Man from the front.

Welshandrew,
Although my daughter assisted in the choice of van at the NEC years ago, she was always embarassed when I dropped her at school. "They think your a traveller" she would say.
It's different now as I drop her at work each day.

Terry

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
I wave whenever its safe to do so...but swiftly turn my wave into a V sign if I'm ignored :D

I tend not to wave at PVC's as I cant really tell if they are PVC's until they get close, by which time its normally too late.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,670 Posts
We wave all the time cept motorways, VW campers are our main target as it confuses their little brains, we also wave at delivery vans, poor buggers must be bored silly, and they wave at each other, Plastic pigs all wave at each other and most bikers nod or wave so, I see no reason not wave at people, I've been known to wave at Mohos even when we're in the car, pass around a little cheer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts