Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
47,099 Posts
a small quiet one.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Why do you even think you need a generator?

They most certainly can be annoying while running especially to other people on the campsite

Batteries , solar panels & inverters ( plus led lighting ) should be the way to go

I do have one myself a Honda EU10i Which is ONLY used if we are wild camping at ski resprts in the European Alps

And then only for a couple of hours each evening to top up the batteries for the night to ensure the heating remains on , most of the other wild campers will also be running one around same time so at least I am not annoying other people

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
Sheez, why the criticism? He's a first time poster and none of us know what sort of motorhoming he does.

To the OP, something like a Honda eu10i would be fine for recharging the van battery if you get low whilst wilding.

If you want to run appliances, you need to know what power they use and size your genny accordingly. Anything more than the eu10i will be a lump to store and carry. But do remember not to run one near other people. The Honda is one of the quietest, hence the recommendation.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
47,099 Posts
Honda eu10i eggzackery what I said but I wasn't sure which was best these days.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,985 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

If you're new to motorhoming I'd not invest in a generator just yet. It's an expensive item and the vast majority of us don't have or need.

However, if you tell us why you think you need one maybe we can help.

·
Premium Member
28,598 Posts
Welcome digitalaimzpk.
Odd name but whatever.
Sadly you haven't given us any useful information to be able to answer you with and degree of accuracy.

What size van, battery bank, use loads, appliances, etc. What do you intend to do and use for how long, etc.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy

·
Premium Member
47,099 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.